Forums

Help › Forums

I've Discovered The Secret To Putting!!!

Fri, Jun 21 2019 12:48 PM (50 replies)
  • Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:09 PM

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:50 PM

Steven1163:
    wait....you're supposed to putt with your eyes open???  *slaps forehead*  doh!!!

LOL...I know right!!! I mean, they should tell us this in the beginning tutorials, not just hand us some clubs and say " off you go". I think Mr Leadbetter needs to know about this very important point. I don't recall him ever telling me to "keep your eyes OPEN" when putting.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:51 PM

WigerToods2010:
    looking forward to August's Xmas Day tip already! 

I got to wait until August? :(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:57 PM

VEM9000:

jayw4862, you are hereby charged with violating code  V413-07, disseminating proprietary information. Please be advised your personal VEM level has been adjusted accordingly.

VEM9000 :)

You mean I wasn't already maxed out on the VEM meter? You mean it can actually get worse? Can I have just one more chance, please. I was only trying to help the bad putters out a little. I promise not to divulge any more WGT secrets. Please don't make me use my VEM ticket I got for Xmas. I was saving it for Pinehurst.

Your truly, sincerely , and forever friend,

Jay

PS...I'll even fly to 'Frisco and sweep and mop the office floors for a week!!!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 4:18 PM

jayw4862:

PS...I'll even fly to 'Frisco and sweep and mop the office floors for a week!!!

Unfortunately VEM isn't in 'Frisco. It resides in our nightmares, drawing cankerous succour from our innocent hopes and aspirations.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Mar 22 2014 5:19 PM

fmagnets:
    Unfortunately VEM isn't in 'Frisco. It resides in our nightmares, drawing cankerous succour from our innocent hopes and aspirations.

Had to Google succour (I didn't pay much attention in school).....and, yes, you're right. And so far, so good. The spinning method still works. Tried it in a ranked round (39footer). Since I've already broken the WGT law (code V413-07), I don't see how I can charged be twice, as that would be double jeopardy. :)

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 9:16 PM

I have found the secret to putting....Its really very, very simple....when you hit your approach shot, make sure it is inside of 2 foot to the hole....simple...LOL

~Steven~

• druid1999
    732 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 12:09 AM

I noticed all your spinning is in a clockwise rotation. Using the inverse theory of reverse engineering, I spun in a counter clockwise rotation and putted the equivalent distance AWAY from the pin. Results varied, but I have eliminated missing the ding as the root cause. Research continues.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 1:34 PM

Steven1163:

I have found the secret to putting....Its really very, very simple....when you hit your approach shot, make sure it is inside of 2 foot to the hole....simple...LOL

~Steven~

Very true. Unless, of course, you're playing Whistler, Kiawah, or Cabo....then it's inside 2 inches :) The only time I'm 2 foot away is when I miss the ding after doing the spin.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 1:40 PM

druid1999:

I noticed all your spinning is in a clockwise rotation. Using the inverse theory of reverse engineering, I spun in a counter clockwise rotation and putted the equivalent distance AWAY from the pin. Results varied, but I have eliminated missing the ding as the root cause. Research continues.

LOL....Let me know how the research goes. You might be on to something. Icon and VEM9000 saw the video and the last update has made the clockwise spinning a little off. I'll give the counter-clockwise a try. Hopefully, we can come up with a way to "beat the system". :)

RSS