Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:55 PM

Woodoworkery:

I 'm going to say this once and once only "BRANDON KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR EGO TRIP"

I was complementing Tek on his video and putting system. You are good we all know it and so do YOU, but to compare you to the guys I mentioned , and also to the many I did not, well that's just not going to happen . Those guys are great and the funny thing about it is they never never had to tell anyone how great they are.

SIR YES SIR

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:57 PM

Joshnosh:

Noton this thats looks a great way, just why do you count is that how many grids its going past when you counted to 3?

Ill shoot you a message tomorrow about that 

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 9:00 PM

notonthis:

Joshnosh:

Noton this thats looks a great way, just why do you count is that how many grids its going past when you counted to 3?

Ill shoot you a message tomorrow about that 

Thanks mate i appreciate it 

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 7:35 AM

Nice vid Tek.  I have tried it, but can't seem to figure when to use which method.  I had one putt  where I centered the ball, and then went back and centered the hole.  The marker was very close, but did move enough to change the putt.  I used the closest to what I thought was right, and it worked.  I'm looking forward to volume 2, and any more explanations you can give.  Thank you for the hard work.  

tubby

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:53 AM

Congrats/thanks on a fine effort to help others...now if I can just figure out some of these methods...lol

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 1:47 PM

Having watched the video a few more times, again congrats for taking the time to share with others some fine techniques to add to a player's arsenal. I did notice none of your putts did you (at least in the video) examine the straight or reverse putting view. (ie with the putter and using the putting line as a reference.

Personally, I use the putt view (mostly reverse) as a starting point- then chip view as confirmation or to adjust as sometimes they conflict. Even using the Versa, I often off ding in the direction of the break - unless it is fairly straight or with minimal break and if uphill or fairly flat. The amount of off-ding- IMO is a developed instinct or 'feel'. 

In essence I would say you have done an excellent job of categorizing techniques many better players have developed instinctually and in so doing making the potential for success-esp. on high difficulty putts- even more 'repeatable'. Thanks again for your fine work and effort.

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:15 AM

Great putt too!!  Sharing mine from last December where I targeted what appears to be a black drum on the far left of the fairway (See Replay>>Pause at the first 50 feet of the putt).  On the Best of Putting challenge...I did my own trial and error using different markers I could use and giving that point a variation of speed adjustments...in this particular putt, I putted it at about 170 ft power.  You may watch the other putts I posted on my wall or simply send me a private message and I'd be glad to share my excel file through your email so you can have fun testing it but it comes with a chart where I indicate my field markers for all nine holes...happy putting. 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=33df6dd6-4a7c-4757-886b-a11e0032bf10

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:36 AM

Howdy...just sharing a similar putt which may give a new perspective on the putt.  Shoot me a private message and I'd be glad to share a file created out of countless trial and error using specific markers on the field.  In this putt I used what  appears to be a black cylindrical object by the far left ( Replay: Pause on the 1s550 ft of travel to see the point of target), hit it at about 170 ft of power to knock it in on Tournament greens. 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=33df6dd6-4a7c-4757-886b-a11e0032bf10

Cheers and happy putting,

Just me,

Santi

RSS