Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:50 AM

notonthis:

Yeah Heath you should learn to putt from those guys woodo listed i have no clue what i'm talking about anyhow. 

Stop trying to make this thread about you. 

Nice job Tek. Any tips in the forums are great to see for new and old members. Shame its mostly filled with the me me attitude you see above my post. 

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:53 AM

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:56 AM

BeachedMulligan:

notonthis:

Yeah Heath you should learn to putt from those guys woodo listed i have no clue what i'm talking about anyhow. 

Stop trying to make this thread about you. 

Nice job Tek. Any tips in the forums are great to see for new and old members. Shame its mostly filled with the me me attitude you see above my post. 

You don't know the work i put into trying to make those 2 better i already stated he did a good job on the video.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:01 AM

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:16 AM

Great video, and thanks for taking your time to make this video. I am just slightly confused as to how you were setting up your putts because you'd bring up the subtitle on the bottom but no instructions would go along with it. Another thing...with lots of players using different putters, the misding method will not work the same for everybody.

One thing that I did notice that was missing from the video was your explanation about power, elevation changes, etc. Believe or not, the amount of power you hit determines the actual result of the putt. We've all had countless putts where the ball rolls right of the left edge because of a pixel extra of power. It's not that you line was wrong, but the line you chose did not fit the amount of power one used. This here is a ver important key to remember in putting. EVERY LINE HAS ITS OWN AMOUNT OF POWER. By this, I mean that most putts have several ways to make it, BASED ON POWER.

Just giving valuable feedback, hope that's OK. Wonderful video, and thanks again.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:18 AM

Thanks for the vid Brandon.  I actually just tried this on a computer i don't like to play on as the meter tends to be a little funky and harder to ding. I am a ding putter.

I have just tried three putts. 1 12ft, 1 9 fet and 1 6.5 putt. I drained 2 of them and the one i missed i didn't hit hard enough so it died at the hole. Didn't have my putter pal up, so I was just estimating power. Had I hit it harder I think it would have dropped.

Seems like a pretty solid method and look forward to trying it out more, seeing as putting is where the scoring happens. If you can find a way to drain those 10-15 footers with good consistency then the scores will come.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 10:04 AM

I 'm going to say this once and once only "BRANDON KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR EGO TRIP"

I was complementing Tek on his video and putting system. You are good we all know it and so do YOU, but to compare you to the guys I mentioned , and also to the many I did not, well that's just not going to happen . Those guys are great and the funny thing about it is they never never had to tell anyone how great they are.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 10:20 AM

P.S.   Here are just a few more to add to the list  Genorb, Steven H, JJ, Tess, Ahana just to name a few more

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 11:48 AM

If I figured out a putt and missed the ding by that much it wouldn't even be close w/ the 96 Odyssey no matter what method I used....I'm not sure about the power either, most of those putts barely made it to the hole which looks cool, but my results are bad when I try to finesse putts like that so I wouldn't waste money on the odyssey...

How many attempts did it take would be my question...1-3 on some of those putts adds some substance to the method, 5-10 doesn't...

I still don't get most of it after 15 views lol, but look forward to watching Volume 2...

{{{ not knocking you, trying to figure out if it would work for me before I watch 20 more times}}}}

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:37 PM

Noton this thats looks a great way, just why do you count is that how many grids its going past when you counted to 3?

RSS