Boy!, ain't that the truth!

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 3:37 AM

Tekoma:

Joshnosh:

Tekoma:

Joshnosh:
    for longer n big break putts i use tekomas methods, but they are inconsistent at best, though i have made a few puts that i wouldn't of made using them, and when i do i write it down what method it was what green etc.

My bad Josh...I' ll make sure you don't see the next video..!

i said it some times works if your method was 100% and everyone could do it we would all be using it 1 putting every hole

If I gave you a system that worked 100%, you still wouldn't be able to manage to sink all your putts, cause your brain, finger and your reflexes don't work 100%..!

hmmm seems i may found why it wasnt workign as well for me as it could of, i was always setting my distance 2 foot past teh hole, and this was takign out too much break, working better now :)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 8:44 AM

Joshnosh:

hmmm seems i may found why it wasnt workign as well for me as it could of, i was always setting my distance 2 foot past teh hole, and this was takign out too much break, working better now :)

Teks system, as I have said before, is speed sensitive...I have found that it is more dependable on long putts than short ones, just the opposite of what you said...you might not make it, but if you read the putt correctly you will burn the hole and have a tap in...

Everything said, Teks putting stats have gone off the charts in the last year or so, that is really all the proof I need to see...

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 10:20 AM

fatdan:

Joshnosh:

Teks system, as I have said before, is speed sensitive...I have found that it is more dependable on long putts than short ones, just the opposite of what you said...you might not make it, but if you read the putt correctly you will burn the hole and have a tap in...

Everything said, Teks putting stats have gone off the charts in the last year or so, that is really all the proof I need to see...

This is true though im sure things have changed last few days, the putts i miss are normally within 10 foot, puts over 20 foot dont happen to often, its the puts under 10 foot i really need help with 

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 11:14 AM

Just wanted to post a word of encouragement to those who might be trying to incorporate Tekoma's putting techniques into their game. Have been using the various methods for 3 weeks now and the results have been tremendous. My putting has really improved, especially from the 15-18 foot range. Now my stats might not indicate that at the present time, but i am beginning to notice a difference. Before trying his methods, i sort of had my own way of reading the break and setting my aim on putts. It wasn't that effective, however it enabled me to enjoy the game despite not being competitive enough to do well in tournaments. After watching his videos repeatedly and after MUCH practice to dial in the different methods, i am starting to get it. I have 1 putted 27 of my last 54 holes while bogeying only 3. Don't know that that is too impressive to some, but it's pretty dam good to me. Still struggling with the vertex method. Don't completely understand how to use it to set my aim. Maybe i'll figure it out eventually. Same goes for the dot alignment method, even though on the surface it looks simple. One final note, and i can't stress this enough. SPEED IS THE KEY. Get it right and you will be amazed

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 10:35 PM

budfan4861:
    Still struggling with the vertex method. Don't completely understand how to use it to set my aim.
    It's probably the easiest and quickest method to use ;).  Take a look at Tekoma's Video, Part 2 and you'll see that he makes an "initial" read of the break based on the flow of dots.   He uses both reverse and forward view, but not limited to either one (depends on the hole, view, break, etc).

Then once you've approximated where the break should be you move the aim box from hole level and drag it along the same line to the end of the putting grid, at which point you then place the aim box (arrow) on the closest corresonding Vertex (long straight Vertical line at end of grid) or center of the grid square (end of putting grid between 2 vertical grids). 

At this point Tekoma zooms back out and clicks on the aim box/arrow a few times and visually verifies he is in fact on the correct vertex.  All thats left is to pick the correct speed and the putt will either be very close to in or in the hole!

It's really a brilliant technique and works especially well on long snakey multiple break putts.

• steinyboys
    741 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2015 12:11 AM

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2015 10:34 AM

steinyboys:

You sure about that?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 2:39 PM

tourney greens