skip nav

Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:38 AM by abbielb. 292 replies.
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:34 AM

Thank you all for your comments...good or bad they are welcomed.

I made this video for people like me having trouble with putting...that is the reason put me in searching different methods..after a year trying these methods I realized they were not coincidence (for my case)..decided to publish before I turn Tour Legend.

Anyone uses Rossa will say that if you ding you will miss the putt. I have to fade / draw since I did not use another putter. I am about to become L96..so, close to L96 Odyssey which people say is a ding putter...I will try and see that but can not comment on something I have not tried..

I am not trying to offend or tutor anyone and not trying to give tips for golf gods...I respect everyone's accomplishment but stats can change.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:42 AM

jsweetcr:

Agree with both posters regarding the missing the ding. Impressive video and thanks for the tips, they will definitely help some people

However, I am a ding putter and i tried a couple fo your techniques and tho they did work on a few putts, it was terribly off on some others, so not enough of an improvement to use them without a lot of additional practice and research.

Also curious as to how you decide what technique you use and how you come up with some of the numbers. On One putt you moved the pointer over 2 boxes and back 1.  How does one know to do that. On another a occasion you said this put is .75 boxes so Il will double it to 1.5. Why? How do you come up with those. The ball centering and pin centering are pretty self explanatory, but the others were confusing to me

As I have mentioned in earlier post I have used this techniques for a year but never thought about publishing or even thinking this might help some other people in my circumstances...Because of hours playing and reading green like that I am accustomed to slopes and flows..so this is not of 1 days work... Oakmont #7 putt you are referring is going 1 box back there is for me 1/2 box where the pointer would stayed if I have moved it further up...so it was a short-cut for me.

Edit: Image added

Digg
    Delicious
  • Lizard69 South Africa
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:07 AM

That was one thing I also wondered, how do you determine which of the 5 "methods" to use?

Regardless of your stats, the fact that you are working at it and finding new ways is to be admired and I applaud you for that.

At least you arent basing every putt on guessing various % missed ding like some TL's on here.

:-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:28 AM

Lizard69:

That was one thing I also wondered, how do you determine which of the 5 "methods" to use?

Regardless of your stats, the fact that you are working at it and finding new ways is to be admired and I applaud you for that.

At least you arent basing every putt on guessing various % missed ding like some TL's on here.

:-)

TY for your kind words Liz

I don't determine the method Liz...Slope / Flow + distance does..depends on where you are on green and of course camera angle...when I move the marker I can see approx. where to aim but was never for sure for the spot before..now at least I can aim more precise with some reference points worked for me many times...but of course executing the putt is another forum topic..

Digg
    Delicious
  • andwhy67 France
    2,180 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:51 PM

Digg
    Delicious
  • Richard4168 United States
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:20 PM

Thanks Tekoma. These putting techniques are working great for me. Its all about getting the proper speed though. The putting lines are spot on.

This putting method is helping me birdie more holes consecutively.

Splitting the blocks works best, but then playing off the avatar shoe is good for longer putts.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:57 PM

Richard4168:

Thanks Tekoma. These putting techniques are working great for me. Its all about getting the proper speed though. The putting lines are spot on.

This putting method is helping me birdie more holes consecutively.

Splitting the blocks works best, but then playing off the avatar shoe is good for longer putts.

I am glad to hear that Richard. I wish everyone 1 less stroke in their games..

Thanks for trying out.

Digg
    Delicious
  • commonguymd United States
    303 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:47 PM

Well done!

Digg
    Delicious
  • Heath021 United States
    368 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 7:07 PM

Ive come to a realization after 5 years and 4000 rounds played.  You have to memorize every putt in this game or you will not be very successful. Even at that you will miss at times because of the miss ding.  I have on many occasions using mulligans...made a putt on the second attempt after using the exact same break and speed hitting the ding each time. So after that has happened I feel this game is pretty much a crap shoot and you have to deal with what they give you.  Not sure how others are so consistent.

Digg
    Delicious
  • notonthis United States
    893 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:03 PM

Heath021:

Ive come to a realization after 5 years and 4000 rounds played.  You have to memorize every putt in this game or you will not be very successful. Even at that you will miss at times because of the miss ding.  I have on many occasions using mulligans...made a putt on the second attempt after using the exact same break and speed hitting the ding each time. So after that has happened I feel this game is pretty much a crap shoot and you have to deal with what they give you.  Not sure how others are so consistent.

Your wrong i dont memorize any putts i play day by day.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS