skip nav

Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:38 AM by abbielb. 292 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 6:19 PM

Tekoma:
    .get yourself a twitch account.

Ok . I'm looking at XSPLIT gamecenter . Not sure if that's the right program . You mentioned one before . BANDERSNATCH ?or something . What do you recommend ?

Thank you Paul

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:03 AM

http://www.twitch.tv/

DAD111:

HOW TO STREAM WGT ON TWITCH
    WGT Players can stream their desktop games online, using video and audio to share single or multi-player games to
    reach millions of other players around the world, all free using WGT, OBS and Twitch. Here’s how to get started...
    STEP 1 – Set-Up Twitch
    · WGT recommends Twitch for streaming, the largest and fastest-growing streaming site
    · Choose a Twitch username (ideally the same as your WGT username, if available)
    · Click your username in the upper right (or the small person icon in the bottom left)
    · Select “Dashboard” to open your settings
    · Click the “Stream Key” tab, then “Show Key” to display and copy your stream code
    STEP 2 – Set-Up OBS
    · WGT recommends using OBS (Open Broadcast Software) for streaming WGT to Twitch
    · Download free at www.obsproject.com, by choosing Windows or Mac (OSX) based on your computer
    · Open “Settings” by clicking the Settings button in the bottom right, or selecting from the top toolbar
    o Encoding: make sure that both boxes “Use CBR” and “Enable CBR Padding” are checked
    o Broadcast Settings:
    § Mode = Live Stream
    § Streaming Service = Twitch
    § FMS URL = [closest location]
    § Play Path/Stream Key = [enter Twitch stream code from above]
    § Auto-Reconnect = [check box] // Auto-Reconnect Timeout = 10
    § Delay (seconds) = 0
    o Video Settings:
    § Base Resolution = Monitor
    § Resolution Downscale = 1.25 (1280x720)
    § FPS (Frames Per Second) = 30
    o Audio Settings:
    § Microphone (optional to add commentary) = [select your available microphone/headset]
    · Save and close Settings
    STEP 3 – Streaming WGT
    · Computer: Close all windows or programs that are not linked to WGT or OBS
    · WGT: login at www.wgt.com and select a game to play
    · Twitch: login at www.twitch.tv and go to your Dashboard page to view your channel
    · OBS: Open OBS, right click in the white box under “Scenes” and choose “Add Scene” to name your stream
    o Right click in the white box under “Sources,” select Add “Window Capture” (and give it a name)
    o This opens a pop-up, choose the “World Golf Tour” window from the drop down and click OK
    o Click “Start Preview” and if it looks good, “Stop Preview” and “Start Streaming” to go live on Twitch!
    o If your window looks smaller than the Twitch screen size, just right-click on the image in OBS and select
    “Position/Size” > “Fit to screen”
    · WGT: start playing, and if you have audio set up then you can add your commentary now
    · Twitch: View your stream on your Twitch channel, or close that window to increase CPU performance
    Optimizing Your WGT Game Play and Video Stream
    Playing and streaming any game requires extra processing power from your computer. With WGT you’ll want a smooth
    swing meter for optimal gameplay, PLUS a high-quality video stream for other players to watch. To do that, you’ll need
    the following setup...
    Computer Memory 8 gigabytes or more recommended
    Network Upload Speed 3 megabits or more recommended
    Checking your Network Upload Speed
    · Go to www.speedtest.net
    · Select the server that is geographically closest to your location
    · Click Begin Test and wait for the network “Upload Speed” test to finish and display speed in megabits
    · Your network Upload Speed determines the max bitrate you should use to stream...
    Your Upload Speed Maximum Recommended Bitrate
    1-2 Mbps 500-1,500 bitrate
    3-4 Mbps 1,500-2,500 bitrate
    5+ Mbps 2,500-3,500 bitrate
    · To change your Max Bitrate in OBS, open OBS “Settings” > “Encoding” > “Max Bitrate (kb/s)” and enter the
    suggested bitrate (Max Bitrate and Buffer Size should be the same value)
    · Click OK to save and close Settings
    Audio Tips
    · To stream audio with your WGT game broadcast, just make sure to set-up your computer’s microphone
    · In multi-player game broadcasts, you can stream audio from both players by setting up a Skype audio call with
    the player that is streaming, and it will capture audio from both players
    Chat Tips
    · Twitch chat comments are seen by everyone, and spectators can comment, but players need to keep Twitch
    open which could impact the stream especially if a slow upload speed
    · WGT chat comments are seen by everyone, but spectators can’t comment
    · Skype chat comments are only seen by players in that conversation
    OBS Tips
    · To help configure OBS for your specific hardware and network, visit: https://obsproject.com/estimator
    · If you are experiencing streaming issues, go to OBS Help/Log Files/Analyze Last Log File for more info

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:10 PM

Thank you DAD111 for this . I have always had a Twitch account . Unfortunately for the first time my WGT username was not available . No matter .

I still was never able to figure it out . ( over a year now ) . I figure out a lot of things out but not that . lol so ? Probably can now with this post .

When I first registered I was using a laptop . It's since taken a crap . I now run on a very efficient low end gaming desktop . But no microphone and no plans on getting one . No desire to talk to anyone . I'll type all day long though . Go figure . Unless of course it is a necessary part of this process . Then I will get one ? That is my main question . 

BTW unfortunately SKYPE is a program that eventually blue screened my laptop consitantly and am very reluctant to install it .

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:28 PM

No need for microphones !...I'll guide you through as a spectator by typing...You need to set up a practice round where you can use mulligan feature when necessary !

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:10 PM

That's just fine . I will let you know . Extremely busy right now . Should be very soon .

Thank you Paul

Digg
    Delicious
  • josephk2317 United States
    873 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:22 PM

I believe my computer might be outdated or lacking in those areas for me to properly stream. I had a really jumpy meter the first time I tried it after setting it all up. Here's my computer stats, if anyone can let me know If I can stream with this setup. Thanks

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:25 PM

From what I see Joe . Your computer is just fine . May be other settings that need adjusted .

The windows experience index numbers are a little low 

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 4:54 AM

Ain't this a *** . Ive been saving and waiting for years . Finally ghet a badass computer and the chipset won't take Diectx10 . Any other suggestions ? 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 10:37 AM

pdb1:

Ain't this a *** . Ive been saving and waiting for years . Finally ghet a badass computer and the chipset won't take Diectx10 . Any other suggestions ? 

Sad to hear that Paul ! :(

Open Broadcast Software (OBS)

I got an error "Could not initialize DirectX 10 on [your GPU]"

Your graphics card does not have sufficient support for DirectX 10. It does not matter if you have newer versions of DirectX software installed; your hardware does not support the necessary features, and no you cannot do anything about it apart from upgrading it.

Check this out !..it may help.

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 11:06 AM

Tekoma:
    Your graphics card does not have sufficient support for DirectX 10. It does not matter if you have newer versions of DirectX software installed; your hardware does not support the necessary features, and no you cannot do anything about it apart from upgrading it.

Yes that appears to be the case . Odd that this new chipset doesn't support on this new desktop . Fkn GPU's and this is a Dell . My laptop previously had faulty ,inferior GPU's that overheated and eventually failed . It was a Compaq/H P.

It's " Intel inside "

I've thoroughly gone through it all . Even found a chipset software upgrade but all it did was allow Directx11 upgrade . Which doesn't help . Well thanx anyways . Back to the putting green .

Digg
    Delicious
RSS