skip nav

Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:38 AM by abbielb. 292 replies.
  • josephk2317 United States
    872 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 12:45 PM

Hi Tekoma, I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on my putting technique. I am a mis the ding type putter most of the time; unless it's a straight in shot. While you move the arrow, I don't and just miss it left or right to compensate for the break. Let me know how I can improve my putting if you can.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=a3f28762-f2df-41e6-8382-a410011fe42d

replay.aspx?ID=a3f28762 f2df 41e6 8382 a410011fe42d

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,061 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:56 PM

Watched your replay . A little strong but looked gr8 .

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 1:09 PM

josephk2317:

Hi Tekoma, I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on my putting technique. I am a mis the ding type putter most of the time; unless it's a straight in shot. While you move the arrow, I don't and just miss it left or right to compensate for the break. Let me know how I can improve my putting if you can.

replay.aspx?ID=a3f28762 f2df 41e6 8382 a410011fe42d

Hi Joseph,

Saw your replay...good try..unlucky there !..

I recommend you using the arrow for aiming and work on your weight of stroke (speed).

*** for some of short putts you can compensate for the break for missing left or right.

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,061 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 4:15 PM

it has been a very long time Tekoma since I last messaged you . I use the

Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter (L70+) I like the increments and meter speed . The other 2 versas are available to me and have rented both a couple of times . Didn't like them more especially the L 86 .

Odyssey Versa #7 Putter (L86+)

Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter (L96+)

I am better than before but I really hope to learn how to putt in 2015 . I have a very good grasp on distance . Consistantly leaving the the ball within a foot right or left of the hole or a foot  beyond . Not often short but it happens .

I am and have been very tired of being close . I have brief awesome moments . For the most part I still cannot dial in my aim . I try and incorporate sevaral of your techniques . 

It seems though that the part of putting where one imagines how much the speed and travel of the dots will effect the ball as it moves toward the hole . This concept is the most difficult for me . Therefore the need to utilize some of your aiming techniques .

It may be that the reason for my lack of spiritual connection between the dots and the ball is that for only a year now have I had to pay attention to the dots as I now am a move the flag aimer . Previously through years of T W and my first couple here . I was strickley a forgiveness putter . Clicking way before or way after the ding . Actually had a lot of sucess with that method . As many people do . From what I understand there are even a good number of T L's sucessfully using that method . Or a variance incorporating a little of both . Which of course I do as well .

Anyway for me I realized that for more consistant accuracy I needed to learn to move the flag . I watched and read every tutorial I could find . For the most part leaning toward yours as the most resourceful for what I was looking for . I am now able to inerpret some of what you are teaching . 

Like the disconnect I have with the dots and balls . I am not grasping something that dials me into the actual hole . If I could change my username it would be " KING LIPPER " .lol . Or miising right or left by a half a damn inch . Time after time .

Like I said I am going to learn how to putt in 2015 if it kills me . It just might ( cause of death appears to be a " T G 12 coronary arrest " . lol .

So I am missing something . Someone told me that using your methods with my putter would need an adjustment of anywhere from a half a pixel to 2. 5 pixels . I said OK thanx . I then had another "Tekoma Pause " WTF did he just say ? Still having those . Not nearly as often though .

Got any suggestions ? Have a couple putts on my wall . Not very good examples B.O. Putting . Just plain luck . Any little tips that I'm just not thinking of would probably be of immense help . Would be greately appreciated .

Paul

PDB1VOTSCC

May the SUN always be with you

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 4:48 PM

Hi Paul,

I can offer you this !...get yourself a twitch account...set up a practice round and stream it live !..let me know your twitch account so I can join your channel to guide you through putts by seeing your putting grid and breaks...
    We can do that until you get an idea of what my techniques are and how to use them...and if you still don't get it..I kill you myself.. LO L

deal?

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,061 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 6:41 PM

Tekoma:
    I can offer you this !...get yourself a twitch account

Thank you for your timely response . It a deal . I will look into it . I will get back to you .So we can begin saving my life . lol . Twitch huh ? This will be interesting . Sounds like the right direction for the cure . Again Thank you .

Paul

Digg
    Delicious
  • SlicedPepper United States
    796 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 5:19 AM

Putting has been driving me crazy here, until I found this. Very well put together and easy to understand. My average may suffer until I get this down pat but that's acceptable for the pay offs bound to come. Thanks!

Digg
    Delicious
  • Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    8,336 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 11:13 AM

SlicedPepper:
    Putting has been driving me crazy here, until I found this. Very well put together and easy to understand. My average may suffer until I get this down pat but that's acceptable for the pay offs bound to come. Thanks!

Doing fine.  Only joined a couple of days ago.  Already found the forums, in a brand new CC of two .............Owner may add some more friends eventually other than just you to share more advice, but a v solid start:)

Digg
    Delicious
  • TCarter2955 United States
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 3:11 PM

whats a twitch account? How can I set that up?

TCarter2955

Digg
    Delicious
  • ZioMio Canada
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 3:31 PM

TCarter2955:
    whats a twitch account? How can I set that up?

http://www.twitch.tv/

Click on sign up.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS