Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 3:02 PM

Tekoma:

kenham58:

Great video but if you could get rid of the music and either write explainations or chat thru  would be nice trying your techniques

Ken

planning one with chat thru..I just don't know when...

I myself am doing videos and it is difficult to play and chat at the same time. Some words and many examples are enough to understand what's behind a putt. Yet the second video is in the form i mostly prefer: a starting introduction and an engaging piece of song during the practice.

1 less stroke for everyone

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:25 PM

Marty how can you get the caddyz2014

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 12:16 AM

Tekoma:

Just checked your videos and saw your caddyz2014 application Marty..gr8 tool and cool design...Keep up the good work..

Thanks. I'm posting in these days a video about Green - the part of caddyz2014 for putting - and your theory on it gave me a strong support.

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 12:46 AM

Woodoworkery:

Marty how can you get the caddyz2014

caddyz2014 is an open source desktop application. You need a valid mail address for me to post it, Mac or PC, an unzipper, a browser (Crome is fully supported) and a lot of patience and intuition, 'cause it is in Italian. 

(By the way, in the second video I used Be All Right by Ludacris, which is quite explicit in its content because the majority of Italians hardly would go beyond the refrain "Beallright, Beallright.": direct and positive for all nationalities.)

(Woodoworkery, since we are friends, send me an address, no matter if it is not your main mail address...).

once more: 1 less stroke for everybody

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 9:58 AM

Steve2golf:
    The only common denominator we all have are 2 foot grids, figure out how much the ball breaks on the above putts, theres a math formula in there somewhere. Distance, down, up, level, speed of green, and speed of dots being the only factors.

Okay, this is what I thought when I found this site because it is modeled after a home game I played, relentlessly, years ago. I still believe it to be true, but after 5 months I have yet to figure out that calculation that I had down pat, once upon a time. Certainly, this is a much more advanced version of the game I used to play, and I've at least come to realize that, although the same grids and dots are used in both games, there is just no way to calculate these putts the same way.

At least not with how this game is programmed there isn't. But, I know exactly what Steve is saying, and that it is correct. Now, if I could only figure the calcs here out, I'm TL in a month from now. Not a joke either. And as much as I appreciate anyone who takes the time to post tutorials such as on this thread, I know that using the calcs Steve is talking about, but forgot to explain : ), are all you need to sink more putts than you ever have, more often and, with no offense to Tek, without the need to switch to a wedge and back to putter.

So, Steve, if ever you feel the need to share even the 1st part of the calcs we're speaking of, please feel free to friend, message, email, text, call, or send me a letter. I'll even pay for the paper, pen, envelope, & stamp.

Man, and I thought I was as frustrated as I was going to get too.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 10:13 AM

Steve2golf:
    Practice above and figure out the dot speeds, the key, IMHO, lies in the dot speed, and remains elusive to me to this day.

And now, all of a sudden, I'm not as frustrated anymore. And thank you so very much for posting this, as it not only told me I was correct that the calcs are much more detailed and with much more math than I care to even think about, but I knew I remembered it was all about the dots. Just couldn't recall why! LOL

Thanks again, Steve, and Tek as well. Very informative on both ends, and with the math being much more difficult than the game I mentioned, I think I'll practice Tek's version. JK ; )

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:58 PM

Interesting videos Tekoma. Very helpful.

Thank you.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 5:16 PM

great tips 

thank you Tekoma 

RSS