Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:09 AM

If these calcs work so well, seems to me Kat's stats would be more- uh- impressive than they actually are?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:38 AM

skccvb:

If these calcs work so well, seems to me Kat's stats would be more- uh- impressive than they actually are?

You should have seen them in October last year ... you might have asked yourself, "how did she improve her stats so quickly?"

Don't be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts!

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:48 AM

skccvb:

First off, thats kind of a d-bag thing to say.

Secondly NO.  I use the same exact calculations, minus a few tweaks, that I used back when I was a Master and TM when my stats were shite.  Not that my stats are anything to rave about, like yours, but where they are now is a whole lot different than back then, but the calculations are pretty much the same.

Kat's stats  have nothing to do with whether her calculations are any good or not and they may not work for everyone. I am sure the way I do things is different than a lot of other people.  You also don't know where she comprised the calculations from.  How do you know she didn't go to the top ten people on the earnings list, the ten TL's with the lowest scoring averages or most rounds played, and asked them how they play their shots.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:52 AM

looking at the full shot calculator- if you don't factor in 'spin'- both clubs and balls- you are only getting a 'helpful' approximation- not exactness. No wonder some players we encounter take so long over every shot! As for putting- no doubt this gives one a darn good estimate of distance- however putting calculations are quite easy to do 'on the fly' - and you need to know thru experience that some putts play 'slow' and some 'fast'. 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:54 AM

skccvb:

Someone obviously measures their I.Q. within the first one-half inch of a ruler.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:56 AM

skccvb:

Well, I don't look at others stats, but I have played with Kat and can vouch for her fine play.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:57 AM

skccvb:

Says the guy who has played basically the same 2 unlim tourneys over and over all year. Thats good stuff right there.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 9:01 AM

No offense intended to anyone- whatever floats one's boat, as they say. I do think these kinds of  'tools' contribute to slow play in multi-player matches. And whether or not it is better to learn shots the 'old fashioned way' is a matter of opinion. My opinion is if you rely on software to tell you what to do- then you will always need it and you will always play slow. Just sayin'...

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 9:09 AM

Last comment, Beached- what and when we play on WGT is a matter of personal choice. I have recent top 10's at- Congo, B of Hardest, Andy's, Oly- Oakmont- and yes- Bethpage...so what.

Most of my play is guilds or other formats on WGTLS- where you compete with real players (among the best) in real time- on ALL courses,, under all conditions- "single play". Happy to meet up with you there anytime. Join the new Match 9 Ladder and look me up in Meet and Greet....

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 9:13 AM

Then just say that in your first post, don't make light or make comment about her stats, kind of dogging her hard work.  Kat's always open to people's opinions as are a lot of us. If you opinion is calculations slow down play, that's cool.  If you have something constructive to give to Kat so you can try and make them better, then great.

I personally just use my windows calculator and can pound out my calcs in about 10 secs or so. I may take more time looking at the shot and moving my aimer, wanting to figure out what to do, but the calculations are fast

RSS