Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:51 AM (123 replies)
  • snotridge
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:01 PM

happy birthday kat,nice bit of kitlove to check it out

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:04 PM

hello and happy birthday kat! the approach shot calculator looks like an impressive tool for anyone  trying to improve their game....

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:05 PM

opyeuclid:

Happy early Birthday Kat .  Is the party at your place ? Can I bring Lynx ?

OPY

She didn't invite you?  I told her to!  lol.  

My uncle and my birthday are at the beginning of next week ... his is a day earlier than mine.  My place ... bring your clubs.  No pool but 2 practice putting greens and an HD Golf simulator.  And no free oil changes unless you BYOP (bring your own parts). 

• JMalec
    123 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:16 PM

First and foremost, Happy Birthday! Many happy returns and much happy golf along the way!

The calculator looks like a wonderful tool for those learning the game as well as those needing to rebuild confidence while recovering from the inevitable slumps we all encounter. Nicely done and most generous of you to share and give back a bit!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 4:40 PM

ScottHope:

They look very professional Kat, much better than my messy ol' spreadsheet effort, but I am so used to my own calculator now my game might well fall to pieces if I switched to something else (okay, I know that if something is already in pieces it can't fall to pieces anymore, lol). Oh! and many happy returns for your 2*th birthday.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the birthday wishes (and may it always be my 2*th, lol).

I know how you feel about the spreadsheet ... I was using mine for several months before deciding to write this calculator.  My reasons for writing it were mainly due to my love for MP and AS games.  I'd find myself with the last putt in a game ... I'd go off screen to calculate my putt, then I'd return to find my opponent had conceded the putt and I felt like a real fool for not being able to thank them for the game.  Not too much has changed from my new calculators and my old one, other than the fact that they are now compiled programs and remain above the game client while playing.

• CarolinaAngel
    33 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 4:45 PM

IM in look interesting

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 5:56 PM

DaddysKat:
    I have a birthday coming up

Happy Birthday Kat and you can have as may twenty-somethings as you like.

DaddysKat:

If you're interested, leave a message on this thread and I'll get the link over to you.

I'd like to give this a shot ... and would I have to make an adjustment when using the "Rock?"

• nopro17
    16,130 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 6:07 PM

Happy Birthday, Kat!

Unless your program helps me to get a few more dings each round, I don't think that the calculations will help me very much ... lol.

On the other hand, I am quite interested in taking a look at the program.  I have been doing software development for over 30 years and am always curious to see how different people implement their solutions.

Thanks and have a great 2*th birthday! ;-)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 6:31 PM

ZioMio:
    I'd like to give this a shot ... and would I have to make an adjustment when using the "Rock?"

I think the distance will be the same regardless of the ball you use.  Remember, it's "adjusted distance", so you will need to know what you need to hit and how much backspin to apply to get your ball to that adjusted distance.  You can adjust the deviation factors for all of your clubs and also adjust for the wind powers.  This calculator is anything but "canned".

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 7:04 PM

Hi Kat

I would be interested in trying out these two programs, and if you are willing to send them to me, I would be forever grateful...and Happy Birthday!

RSS