Forums

Help › Forums

A birthday celebration ...

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:51 AM (123 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:10 PM

EDIT - 14 March, 2014:

If you wish to obtain a copy of my calculators, please send me a PM and I'll reply with the link.  I'm using this thread to merely provide more detail about my existing calculators.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone.

These calculators are compiled ... so you only need to have the Windows Operating system to use them.  You simply download and run the installation program and you're ready to go.

There are two different calculators, one for calculating approach shots, and one for calculating putting distances/percentages.  Here's a couple of screen shots I took:

This one is for calculating approach shots:

You enter the wind direction, wind speed, distance to the hole and elevation and it will recommend the shot for you.  If you don't like the club it selected, you can change the club and adjusted distance and recalculate the shot.  The best part ... it tells you how far you need to move the flag.  If you use the pitch grid, you'll be throwing darts at the flag in no time!

Here's my putting calculator:

To use this calculator, all you have to do is select the green speed, the distance for your putter, enter the distance and the elevation change, then click calculate.  The bottom two boxes will fill with both the adjusted distance (left box) and the power percentage (right box).  It's setup with my default percentages for all green speeds.  Also, it will remember the last green speed used, so if you're playing a game, you don't have to select it for each calculation.

As you play your game, it's easy to switch between the approach and putting calculator.  If you're on the approach calculator, simply click the "Putting" button to load the putting calculator ... and if your on the putting calculator, just click the "Approach" button to load the approach calculator.

Both of these calculators store and use variables you can change.  I'm sure many of you have run into situations where you were playing great one day, then played again the following day only to find those shots you were making yesterday are now coming in long or short.  You can change all of the variables used by these calculators, so it's relatively easy to dial in those shots.  Just change the variables!

The calculators are programmed to remain "on screen" when not in use.  I find it really helps when you're playing an AS or MP game keeping the calculators onscreen.  But, if you prefer, you can minimize them to the task bar when not in use.  I also have an optional "transparent" clockface you can position over the wind direction pointer to determine the exact wind direction; so no more guesswork.  It's really great for moderate and high wind tournaments!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 14 March, 2014:

If you would like to obtain a link to the calculator programs:

• If we're not yet friends, send me a friend request, then a PM requesting the link for the calculator.  If we're already friends, just send me a PM.
    • Once I get your PM, I'll forward over the link.
    • Sorry, but this post is a bit active, and trying to send out the link to everyone that has responded is a tad awkward.  This way just may eliminate me sending the link to you twice (or more)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kat ♥

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:19 PM

DaddysKat:

Hi everyone.

I have a birthday coming up (like this coming week) ... and to celebrate, I want to give away my new and improved calculators.  These calculators are compiled ... so you only need to have the Windows Operating system to use them.  You simply download and run the installation program and you're ready to go.

There are two different calculators, one for calculating approach shots, and one for calculating putting distances/percentages.  Here's a couple of screen shots I took:

This one is for calculating approach shots:

Ok why not lets try that calculator./peoch

You enter the wind direction, wind speed, distance to the hole and elevation and it will recommend the shot for you.  If you don't like the club it selected, you can change the club and adjusted distance and recalculate the shot.  The best part ... it tells you how far you need to move the flag.  If you use the pitch grid, you'll be throwing darts at the flag in no time!

Here's my putting calculator:

To use this calculator, all you have to do is select the green speed, the distance for your putter, enter the distance and the elevation change, then click calculate.  The bottom two boxes will fill with both the adjusted distance (left box) and the power percentage (right box).  It's setup with my default percentages for all green speeds.  Also, it will remember the last green speed used, so if you're playing a game, you don't have to select it for each calculation.

As you play your game, it's easy to switch between the approach and putting calculator.  If you're on the approach calculator, simply click the "Putting" button to load the putting calculator ... and if your on the putting calculator, just click the "Approach" button to load the approach calculator.

Both of these calculators store and use variables you can change.  I'm sure many of you have run into situations where you were playing great one day, then played again the following day only to find those shots you were making yesterday are now coming in long or short.  You can change all of the variables used by these calculators, so it's relatively easy to dial in those shots.  Just change the variables!

The calculators are programmed to remain "on screen" when not in use.  I find it really helps when you're playing an AS or MP game keeping the calculators onscreen.  But, if you prefer, you can minimize them to the task bar when not in use.  I also have an optional "transparent" clockface you can position over the wind direction pointer to determine the exact wind direction; so no more guesswork.  It's really great for moderate and high wind tournaments!

If you're interested, leave a message on this thread and I'll get the link over to you.  The installation is easy and the space required by the program and the variable configuration file is minimal.  

Kat ♥

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:29 PM

Happy early Birthday Kat .  Is the party at your place ? Can I bring Lynx ?

OPY

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:36 PM

Happy Birthday  Kat

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:36 PM

Happy birthday Kat.

This one it's not for the link.
    I preffer keep playing only with my notepad but this should be awesome.

Great work indeed mate, really. Happy birthday again.

Cheers,
    David. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:40 PM

Very generous of you to share your work with others Kat!   Happy Birthday young lady!

Andy

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:54 PM

Many happy returns Kat, U are indeed very generous in ur efforts to help others.

Please send me the link, it looks like a lot of fun.

1i ®

Edit :  1 quick question, is the aim box in normal view 10 feet wide, because on shots of 100+ yards I move the whole box for a 7 mph cross wind ?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:55 PM

W0W!!! Who could resist? Truly spectacular. I could actually become good. Way to go Miss Kat!

Lily 

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:56 PM

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Kat...I would love to check out your calculators and thanks in advance...Dave

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:59 PM

They look very professional Kat, much better than my messy ol' spreadsheet effort, but I am so used to my own calculator now my game might well fall to pieces if I switched to something else (okay, I know that if something is already in pieces it can't fall to pieces anymore, lol). Oh! and many happy returns for your 2*th birthday.

RSS