Help › Forums

Terrible WGT ISSUES

Sat, Feb 29 2020 1:06 PM (158 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:23 AM

fancygirl4u:
    Sorry to bust in I am about to explode.

Wow - if Fancy Pipe says it......................it must be true.

Thank you for some more of your mis-informed views and rhetoric - always a laugh to read.

And one day maybe you will learn how to play....but I doubt it.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:36 AM

biteme100:
    Your Average resets to zero when you tier up.
    This is not precisely correct. In the first moment, the tiering average stays, the reset takes place with the first ranked round.

biteme100:
    your first game in the new tier becomes your average.

True.

But, a player might use the "anti-sandbagging" effects to influence his average and take the short route to the next tier. I've seen Legends who played their last ranked strokeplay round as a Master ;)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 1:13 AM

alosso:

But, a player might use the "anti-sandbagging" effects to influence his average and take the short route to the next tier. I've seen Legends who played their last ranked strokeplay round as a Master ;)

I will admit I'm not to informed about that whole subject, but can you elaborate about how some use those effects and can some attempts have a negative affect on advancing in any way?

curious ~J 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:30 AM

Negative, no. These effects are meant to speed up advancement for those who'd like to stay low-tier and take profit - ehm - credits from the benign conditions.

Of course there's no detailled official statement and the rules may be changed sometimes, but two effects are well-known:

- Winning credits in tournaments and RGs forces the average down and may sidestep the saturation number. It hits on payout day.

- winning (challenge?) matches against higher tiers may (or may not) cut off substantial slices from the average. I experienced -0.7 as a TM when winning against a Legend (rated but no challenge).

The latter describes the short route. When becoming TM with 63 average, play and win some matches against Legends and you're at 61 at lightning speed. Saturation? Dunno.

BTW: These rules do not apply to Legends and TLs.

• fancygirl4u
    91 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 4:52 AM

Well your just amazing aren't you. Maybe you haven't had the same inconsistances that I have had for so long. Not to mention the putts that roll strong toward the flag but then just stop 1 inch away from the hole, every time. Maybe you don't have a drive that is hit on the ding for 275 yrds that rolls to a stop at 178yrds with 3 wind. Or maybe you don't have a Drive that's hit 275 on the ding into 20mph and goes 310 yrds so you hold back on the next shot and it plops into the canal. Maybe you don't have and alt shot game where all these things apply to your partner but the other teams shots seem to roll within 3ft of the hole. Maybe you don't have green speeds that are never right. Maybe you don't have a meter that goes nice and slow across until near the Ding then it speeds up so you miss the ding and the ball goes way right. Maybe you are just so Fantastic of a golfer in you mind. I have been playing real golf since i was 11 and now I'm 37 and carry a 4 hncp on my course. Do you play real golf and if so, whats your hncp. Maybe you just need to practice.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 4:55 AM

fancygirl4u:
    Maybe you don't have a drive that is hit on the ding for 275 yrds that rolls to a stop at 178yrds with 3 wind. Or maybe you don't have a Drive that's hit 275 on the ding into 20mph and goes 310 yrds so you hold back on the next shot and it plops into the canal. Maybe you don't have and alt shot game where all these things apply to your partner but the other teams shots seem to roll within 3ft of the hole. Maybe you don't have green speeds that are never right. Maybe you don't have a meter that goes nice and slow across until near the Ding then it speeds up so you miss the ding and the ball goes way right.

Missed you f pipes:)..Any chance of a video demonstrating your constant frustrations??

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 4:56 AM

fancygirl4u:

Sorry to bust in I am about to explode. I just finished an alt shot game where every one of my shots was so ridiculously manipulated by the dam VEM. Guys and Girls, just wait until the people get a hold of all the illegal functions going on in this game. The STUPID people who run it have the pressure on the lower employees to lie  about any problem in the game because all WGT wants to do is cause errors in shots so that we have to hit the balls more and loose them in the water or brush and spend more money at a higher cost getting more balls to play a manipulated  game that will never be the same one day to the next.  They say just practice and we'll get it, will it won't happen because that VEM is Virtual ETHERNET Module and I capitalize ETHERNET because they don't need to be watching your game to alter it, It goes on you the second you get online. Then might not show up until the 4th or 5th tee then shoots will go wrong. I have had at least 13 Birdies stop 1 inch short of going in the hole today. That's not me. I'm the girl that played The Best of the Par 5 course twice and finished at -6  9 hole round with an Eagle on each round. Now hard to even make par and they raised my average from what they set it when I made Tour Master.

WGT will probably not publish this and may even close my account like they have with others so if that happens I will know they have been operating illegally. Every one have a nice day. 

Hilarious reading, then I felt a twinge of guilt. Someone elses mental health issues are not funny.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 6:44 AM

Jimbog1964:

fancygirl4u:
    Maybe you don't have a drive that is hit on the ding for 275 yrds that rolls to a stop at 178yrds with 3 wind. Or maybe you don't have a Drive that's hit 275 on the ding into 20mph and goes 310 yrds so you hold back on the next shot and it plops into the canal. Maybe you don't have and alt shot game where all these things apply to your partner but the other teams shots seem to roll within 3ft of the hole. Maybe you don't have green speeds that are never right. Maybe you don't have a meter that goes nice and slow across until near the Ding then it speeds up so you miss the ding and the ball goes way right.

Missed you f pipes:)..Any chance of a video demonstrating your constant frustrations??

C`mon Jimbo , you know good and well that replays dont show the full extent of a players shot . You also know that their complaints are not new and have been made by others as well in the past . Everything that the other player is complaining about is true . So trying to berate them or being snide with them for saying something is wrong . How would you feel if it were being done to you ?

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 6:51 AM

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS, BUT THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE HUMAN TO UNDERSTAND YOUR WORDS LONNIE

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:38 AM

lonniescott711:
    So trying to berate them or being snide with them for saying something is wrong . How would you feel if it were being done to you ?

Very gallant of you Sir Galahad, problem is fancypipeman4u is nuts and her/his opinions are based on misinformation (ask him/her what vem is) and paranoid delusion.

She/he claims to be being specifically  targeted  by WGT to manipulate shots and generally mess with his/her game.Come on! It's ridiculous nonsense, tinfoil anyone? 

RSS