Forums

Help › Forums

What Controls Meter Speed?

Tue, Feb 9 2021 5:17 AM (49 replies)
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:26 AM

Safdar1:

Also bear in mind, that although your first shot with the new ball and club combo may have the meter running at a constant speed, but after that the meter will speed up by X% to whatever it pleases

Meter is like a box of chocolates? Stupid is as....

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 1:39 AM

Lol. To the rude people. Go scr$w yourselves. 

As to the question I was asked - maybe some aspects of our games enact differently mainzman. Not just for new equipment and balls. But when I play a different or new ball. After a round (saying after one shot was an exaggeration I admit ) the meter is clearly not the same speed as whenever I first make the ball switch. I have verified this by video recording and timers    I like to verify my thoughts because sometimes we imagine things  

Some hoop jumping often helps For me to reset this to what I expect it should be. I have figured it's one way that wgt interacts with my laptop that I just deal with. That's life  for me  

Maybe this interaction differs for other people. It wouldn't surprise me. I never claim any conspiracy  Just likely some inefficiency somewhere that manifests, itself, for me in this way  

Complaints ? Not really. Just reality for me. 

And back to the rude ones on this thread  go screw yourselves again lol you ar$es

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:20 AM

Safdar1:

But when I play a different or new ball.

It's a terribly old reply but it's still a good one, try clearing your flash cache every time you change something in your golf bag and after every WGT downtime.

I have no idea about the techie stuff but apparently when you change equipment the files can become corrupted and you sometimes don't get exactly the gear you've just equipped.  Please don't ask what this means, maybe someone stacked the files haphazardly on the shelves and they fell off onto the floor but whatever, clearing the flash cache really can work wonders.

Go here and delete the entry media5.wgt.com

I have that page bookmarked, I visit it at least once a week.

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:58 AM

Thanks MM. That is something I learnt early on and do it religiously. But I noticed even when I dont change the ball. With the same ball. The meter after one day or so. Is markedly faster than what I view as the baseline for that ball. Often after the cache cleaning process it does get closer to the proper speed. But it's very infrequent it actually goes the speed it should. I deal with it. And jump through the hoops I need to. That's wgt life for us :)

What puzzles me is how one fellow member can discuss this intelligently  and reasonably with me and others decide to act like a jackass in  a way they would never dare in real life   I often find rudeness and lack of intelligence go hand in hand

along with general shallowness and weak character  

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 7:25 AM

Safdar1:

What puzzles me is how one fellow member can discuss this intelligently  and reasonably with me and others decide to act like a jackass

Thanks but I've been a jackass here more times than I care to think about.  Sometimes I just engage my brain before I reply to a post.

I think there are many here, myself included, who react badly when someone makes a post along the lines of the one you did without any explanation.  It comes across as very negative and that often brings out the worst in the forum jocks.  And once one scathing response has been made it's all too easy for it to just continue.

As you rightly say though, we probably wouldn't dream of behaving like that in real life.  The anonymity of the internet can make a barbarian out of anyone.

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:56 AM

MainzMan:

I guess we need a volunteer to go and find out if a club with a 4 rating combined with a ball that's rated 2 has exactly the same meter speed as a club rated 2 combined with a ball rated at 4.  In theory it should be identical......

I've been wrestling with this conundrum for quite a bit now.  I've been comparing 2 setups, expecting a similar combined meter speed:

• L8x Nike with meter 4.0 and Cally L33 with meter 2.5 -- total meter 6.5
    • L9x TM with meter 3.0 and Cally L1 with meter 3.5 -- total meter 6.5
    • for control, I've kept the wedges (meter 3.5) and putter (meter 5.0) the same.

Test:

• 3 rounds each setup, frontside at PB, Kia and PH2. (Total 18 rounds, Legend default configuration)
    • Setups were interleaved: first Nike then TM, and repeat twice, then move to next course
    • iPad (mini2) platform (to avoid cache, flash, and multitask issues), no other apps open

Observations:

• The 3.5 ball does noticeably slow the wedges and putter versus the 2.5 ball.
    • The TM setup has a noticeably faster meter track than the Nike one.

So my experience is that the club dominates the ball in WGT's combined meter calculation.

Has anyone else tried similar experiments?

Cheers, --Berto

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 12:06 PM

Safdar1:

Also bear in mind, that although your first shot with the new ball and club combo may have the meter running at a constant speed, but after that the meter will speed up by X% to whatever it pleases

I thoroughly concur my man. Couldn't say when I first noticed it but certainly the last couple of months or so. Mine lasts one or two shots at most But as you said, it is what it is so the only solution is to just get on with it.

What say you, Damien The Barbarian?

@Berto: Well done mate for effort but not somewhere I would wish to go. I've played balls from 2-5 and found just a slight discernible difference. I've settled on 4 club and 4 ball and take it as it comes.

Merry Xmas btw.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 3:33 PM

lmfao .... just cuz, well you know why... funny

A better question would be; What controls the swing tempo? 

Because there sure as f*kin' sh*t is one, albeit a pretty goddamn ridiculous version of what swing tempo is. 

With starter balls, it's very minimal if at all, starters are pretty well just a nice smooth swing. 

The WGT balls, for the most part not so bad, but they do exibit the 'turbo' mode now and then, the ding-slide-by as well, not that much though. 

You buy any other ball, with decent specs and the meter does it's version of tempo roulette. The two most prevelant are the MACH 4.5 Acceleration mode as the meter reaches the ding, and the ding-slide-by. 

There's another one where the meter moves along at a nice pace and just where it would normally hit the afterburners - nothing! Usually catching an early swing./click. 

I'm not sure who the hell thought that coding in that kinda variation in the swing meter was a good idea, but no.. fail.  

No one who actually tries to play golf for real in real life swings a club like that, not without sustaining a permanent injury. It would be comical to watch someone try though. 

Apex? Up for it?      > < 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 5:12 PM

dedBuNNy:

starters are pretty well just a nice smooth swing. 

The WGT balls, for the most part not so bad, but they do exibit the 'turbo' mode now and then, the ding-slide-by as well

the meter does it's version of tempo roulette. The two most prevelant are the MACH 4.5 Acceleration mode as the meter reaches the ding, and the ding-slide-by. 

There's another one where the meter moves along at a nice pace and just where it would normally hit the afterburners - nothing! Usually catching an early swing./click. 

That's what I said, too.

• Gocougs2007
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2019 2:10 PM

Don't forget clothing attributes which can also slow the meter speed down, slowing down the base speed if the clubs.

RSS