Forums

Help › Forums

Twitch.tv streaming + Additional announcement

Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:21 PM (141 replies)
  • CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Nov 18 2014 10:02 AM

Dougie4042:
    Everybody wish me luck tomorrow!  Icon is a beast!!

You can't beat me, Doug. How you gonna beat Icon?

Ok. Ok. You beat me once...but that's because I let you win : I felt bad for ya.

PMSL !!!

Good Luck, Amigo - I'll tune in to watch.

YankeeJim:

You might want to get some practice in from the black tees.

PMSL !! Jim.
  • Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2014 2:10 AM

Thank you all for your kind words.  I wasn't able to get through all nine hole due to connection issues, but I managed to sink this fantastic putt from the fringe on champ greens. Perhaps Icon and I will try again in the near future.

This link should give you the broadcast of our match.  Not sure if you guys can watch the video.

~Cheers~

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:03 AM

Not sure where to post this. I am using OBS to stream my games. There must be high CPR usage with it, and it makes my meter jumpy. Even game boost doesn't help. Can anyone offer any solutions.

Frank

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:29 PM

oldbones29:

Not sure where to post this. I am using OBS to stream my games. There must be high CPR usage with it, and it makes my meter jumpy. Even game boost doesn't help. Can anyone offer any solutions.

Frank

I have a low end laptop so I can understand. 

I try to do many things to smooth out my meter, and here is a quick list.

(I use XSplit but OBS is generally better.)

1. I de-select the 'show the mouse movement' because that is not required IMO.

2. I don't play in full screen, I've learned to play in a smaller window.

3. Plus, I lower my broadcast resolution, and since I play in a smaller window I don't really need super high resolution.

4. I close every unneeded window and program.

5. I monitor my CPU performance before a swing and try to only hit during its lowest point.

6. I hide my stream monitoring (hide viewpoint) on XSplit so my CPU doesn't have render the streams video. (I can click it back on quickly when I need to see what I'm doing)

7. I change the size of XSplit to around 50-60% (even w/ viewpoint hidden) just to reduce CPU usage. Many times I minimized my streaming program (XSplit) because it's not needed to access during the majority of my broadcast.

8. I practiced playing w/ a jumpy meter, and it's hard but I got a little used to knowing what to expect from a meter at 100% CPU.

8b. I take 1 or 2 practice swings before I click, and this slows down the game but you get used to how fast the power meter is moving.

Note: when I first started twitch my bandwidth was not very good, and this creates slow streaming, but with regular broadcasting over some time my bandwidth was increased and my stream was much smoother. I think the numbers went from 1700-1900 to more like 2500-2600. I think twitch increased it because of my frequent gaming.

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:11 AM

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Frank

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:46 AM

Is there a game on tonight?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:03 PM

JasonNumber100:
    Is there a game on tonight?

I hope so Jason, Icon must be surprising us. Just tune in nomally I guess.

This is the link they have been using: http://www.twitch.tv/wgtgolf 

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:24 PM

Okay.

Thanks, Don.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:35 PM

hi

no game this week. next week will be last broadcast of the year.

we will then resume after new years.

-wgticon

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:05 PM

if icon happens to lose a match on twitch will the winner play the next week against a new opponent?  or does icon just keep playing even if he loses?

RSS