Forums

Help › Forums

Twitch.tv streaming + Additional announcement

Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:21 PM (141 replies)
  • devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 8 2014 11:30 AM

as well, http://www.twitch.tv/devonrenouf/c/5258690 I just recorded that a while ago. For anyone that has never played uneven lies or who is new too it, I explain the type of shots I hit in detail.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Oct 8 2014 11:55 AM

With my low end laptop I had to choose XSplit Broadcaster and 'add screen region', and I do find it a challenge to stream live w/ only approx. 2G but it's nice to add graphics, still stores, telestrator chalkboard, live voice chat.

I hope to upgrade my computer soon because I'm from the television production field and it makes the game fun in other respects.

I see Twitch now has the 'export video' function and it can upload my video directly to my youtube account.

Any comments, questions or suggestions, I'll be glad to help anyone if I can.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 8 2014 12:24 PM

JFidanza:

With my low end laptop I had to choose XSplit Broadcaster and 'add screen region', and I do find it a challenge to stream live w/ only approx. 2G but it's nice to add graphics, still stores, telestrator chalkboard, live voice chat.

I hope to upgrade my computer soon because I'm from the television production field and it makes the game fun in other respects.

I see Twitch now has the 'export video' function and it can upload my video directly to my youtube account.

Thanks for the follow on twitch. send me your rounds if you have any, be great to watch :)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Oct 8 2014 1:20 PM

devonnnnn:

Thanks for the follow on twitch. send me your rounds if you have any, be great to watch :)

WATCH the Full Game on Twitch gamer TV!

*  See the Replay of the Wedge-from-Rough Eagle

---

[This is an old game from May 2014 that Twitch hasn't deleted yet. I was using the Ping driver and 3W (I believe 270yd and 240yds) with starter balls. Last night I tried a 18 hole game but my computer couldn't handle the load esp. after the turnaround to hole 10 and after a few replays the meter was gone]

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 3:28 AM

I like the twitch thing. I had to sign up (took less than 60 seconds/email.username.password). I tried it and there is nothing that affects the game/meter whatsoever. The cpu/ram usage doesn't rise more than normal. I wish I could do my screen recordings this way. Using a screen recorder does produce a tiny, tiny bit of jitters to the meter and twitch isn't noticeable at all.

I hope WGT gets this going. It would be ideal for the VT finale (in place of the Orlando thing). No one would have to leave their home/work, and they could play at their convenience and we could watch it "live". Finally something players can use to watch others or stream their own game, and doesn't affect the meter, connections, etc. And, I have 4mbps download internet speed (70 ping and .38 upload). Just a tad faster than dial-up.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 3:34 AM

JFidanza:

Can I use the twitch as a screen recorder? I don't see the option anywhere. I love the twitch thing. I had to sign up (at 5:59) in a hurry to record Icon and Shoe's tutu match. Afterwards, I made a profile and looked around, but didn't see a recording function.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 3:55 AM

jayw4862:

JFidanza:

Can I use the twitch as a screen recorder? I don't see the option anywhere. I love the twitch thing. I had to sign up (at 5:59) in a hurry to record Icon and Shoe's tutu match. Afterwards, I made a profile and looked around, but didn't see a recording function.

Hey Jay,

You need OBS or similar to record and thats where things went haywire for me. You need to pick a server to stream from and there wasn't one within 10,000 miles of me hence it was a terrible connection.

I can use team viewer or Skype share screen or just keep recording and posting on Youtube as I am currently.

Should be more options for you being in North America though..

GL

Devon added me on Skype and we were set and ready to go in 5 minutes, ask him for a hand :-)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 6:37 AM

Lizard69:

You need OBS or similar to record and thats where things went haywire for me. You need to pick a server to stream from and there wasn't one within 10,000 miles of me hence it was a terrible connection.

I can use team viewer or Skype share screen or just keep recording and posting on Youtube as I am currently.

Should be more options for you being in North America though..

GL

Devon added me on Skype and we were set and ready to go in 5 minutes, ask him for a hand :-)

OK, thanks. I screwed up my twitch account, and now can't get back in. I didn't know that I already had an account (justin.tv), and was wondering why my username was taken. I made a different one, so I could get the stream recorded. Then, I found I had the twitch through yahoo, so I deleted my new account, and went to sign in through the old account, and found that justin.tv changed to twitch.tv, and my old account wasn't transferred by the cut-off date, and so I have 2 accounts now, and neither will work :-(

I'll stick with recording. I like the twitch.tv, but don't want to make a new email.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 6:55 AM

jayw4862:

I like the twitch thing. I had to sign up (took less than 60 seconds/email.username.password). I tried it and there is nothing that affects the game/meter whatsoever. The cpu/ram usage doesn't rise more than normal. I wish I could do my screen recordings this way. Using a screen recorder does produce a tiny, tiny bit of jitters to the meter and twitch isn't noticeable at all.

I hope WGT gets this going. It would be ideal for the VT finale (in place of the Orlando thing). No one would have to leave their home/work, and they could play at their convenience and we could watch it "live". Finally something players can use to watch others or stream their own game, and doesn't affect the meter, connections, etc. And, I have 4mbps download internet speed (70 ping and .38 upload). Just a tad faster than dial-up.

I believe that is the goal for them is to have it live on twitch. I have begun to stream a couple of things and will continue too. Its great and gets some of the community together.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:10 AM

devonnnnn:

I believe that is the goal for them is to have it live on twitch. I have begun to stream a couple of things and will continue too. Its great and gets some of the community together.

Yea, Twitch is for live gaming, and those games can be recorded & exported to youtube if desired, also.

I have a low end computer but I use twitch more for 'coffeehouse' games (casual) or just, as stated, getting the community together. If a lot of WGT members join in it can take it to a different level, esp. with voice chat.

Multi-twitch is great, and this thread has a lot of info about that, plus info on how to set up a stream. Be sure to browse all the posts if you are interested.

CLICK HERE to see the thread

RSS