Forums

Help › Forums

Twitch.tv streaming + Additional announcement

Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:21 PM (141 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 10:30 AM

mgbirish:

not sure how to live stream, seems I am just recording..........

You may search out videos or webpage tutorials I'm guessing you're using one of the free programs Twitch offers like OBS, which is one of the most popular and stable programs.

I haven't looked at this whole video, I use a different program but it may help. If it doesn't you can search more w/ google - video search. Or search webpages, or twitch FAQ for set up.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:12 PM

mgbirish:

mgbirish:

JFidanza:

mgbirish:

I have twitch up and running, can record my games, but how do I share them on my channel page? Still cannot figure that out.

If you are broadcasting on Twitch, usually a pop up or something alerts you that you are streaming, and you have your 'settings' set to archive broadcasts they should show up on your profile page under past broadcasts.

To make sure your Twitch is set to 'archive broadcast' you can check by going to your 'settings'.

I usually find it by clicking on the Twitch logo upper left, then to the top right - your name drop down menu under 'settings', then go to 'channel & videos' and scroll down to make sure you checked the box that says 'Automatically archive my broadcasts'.

When you're done streaming it may take a minute, or some times a few minutes, to see your recorded broadcast under 'past broadcasts' on your profile page.

--

If you can't find the settings options, make sure you are logged in to Twitch and this URL should take you to your 'channel & video' 'settings' page:

http://www.twitch.tv/settings/channel

the same below

CLICK HERE

Thank you JF, will see what happens!

not sure how to live stream, seems I am just recording..........

duh, hit streaming instead of recording, 65 years old, takes awhile, LOL

• PTrenter
    433 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 1:03 AM

For those who want to tune in to a slightly less quality standard of golf to the usual WGT streams(well from my side anyway), the 2014 SEL Matchplay Final between myself and Stevietwotimes will be streamed live from 20:30 GMT today.

http://www.twitch.tv/trents

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:08 PM

I finally set it up but having problems getting the stream to load on my twitch dashboard for the preview..  Won't load.. I think this might be too much for my laptop and bandwidth as well.

Tried to play a couple holes while it was streaming.. I think.. and the meter was jerkin like a dog shittin peach seeds. Can I drop the bitrate and get it to perform better? I think the default is 128?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 9:56 PM

ISH47:

I finally set it up but having problems

I think your bandwidth may get better after a week of streaming, not sure, but that's what happened to me.

I use the 'setup wizard' on my XSplit Broadcaster almost every time. Then I lower my res. manually. I didn't mind lowering my resolution because that will help. But a lot of people don't like to lower res. (or don't need to with a big computer)  but w/ my Dell I didn't hesitate. I don't care about super sharp streams, I'm old school just give me good content. lol

I open my dashboard on a separate laptop. After so many visual confirmations on my stream I don't even need to but if I do I click 'hide' on the video rebroadcast. (or 'sat. return' as we would call it in the TV control rooms) I just note the notification above it (in the dashboard) that says 'broadcast quality - excellent'. 

If you've find that you are successful with a proper broadcast you may consider forgoing the opening of the dashboard in the future. Just a thought.

What I do (on the other computer) is save the chat URL (popout, use the gear option icon) and bookmark it. Then I open only my chatbox in its own window. This is good because it's only the chatbox - no video previews, no ads, nothing else. You can even Ctrl + it if you want to zoom in the font , etc. to see it nice and big.

• PTrenter
    433 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 12:31 PM

ISH47:

I finally set it up but having problems getting the stream to load on my twitch dashboard for the preview..  Won't load.. I think this might be too much for my laptop and bandwidth as well.

I dropped the frame rate to 15 fps and it increased performance.  If you are having problems with the stream appearing in Twitch, try changing the stream key.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:56 PM

Can people in multiplayer games get on twitch and see the other person playing live?  A friend of mine just joined WGT not long ago, and I wouldn't mind showing her the ropes by having her watch what I do (while I equip starter clubs, on practice from the reds) so that she can kind of learn by osmosis.  If we're in about the same spot, she can be on twitch while I'm shooting and kind of mimic what I do.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 3:48 PM

JFidanza:
    I open my dashboard on a separate laptop.

Yeah, I don't have a 2nd pc so I'm kinda stuck right there.. Guess I could start streaming and then post in the forum so someone could let me know if it's streaming.. 

PTrenter:
    I dropped the frame rate to 15 fps and it increased performance.

I'm gonna try that.. thanks..  Way it was, I kept getting the High CPU Usage warnings and it was taking forever to load screens.. Not to mention my meter.. lol..

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 4:16 PM

MichaelStroke:

Can people in multiplayer games get on twitch and see the other person playing live?  A friend of mine just joined WGT not long ago, and I wouldn't mind showing her the ropes by having her watch what I do (while I equip starter clubs, on practice from the reds) so that she can kind of learn by osmosis.  If we're in about the same spot, she can be on twitch while I'm shooting and kind of mimic what I do.

Yes as long as you are streaming,and they have your twitch link,then they can see you play as they are playing.There is a slight lag from game window to your twitch channel(well there is on mine)

Hope this helps 

Russell

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2014 10:07 AM

russellfahey:

MichaelStroke:

Yes as long as you are streaming,and they have your twitch link,then they can see you play as they are playing.There is a slight lag from game window to your twitch channel(well there is on mine)

Hope this helps 

Russell

Sure does.  Appreciate it - and Merry Christmas.

RSS