Forums

Help › Forums

Trouble accepting the acceptance E-mail

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:06 AM (2 replies)
  • bigbob108
    26 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:56 AM

Can anyone help me.  I really feel stupid.  I received the acceptance E-Mail from the Club President.  This E-mail has a link to allow me to become a member, however.  This link only leads me to my MESSAGES and I can not find a way to accept the acceptance,

• bloodclot
    102 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:45 AM

Not the same issue you're experiencing, but an example of another issue regarding joining a CC:

I receive between 10 to 15 requests a day to join Bushwood...and after reviewing their WGT participation (we like active players), level, etc...I may narrow it to one or two eligible and shoot an invite.  My intentions is to keep the members total to 30 max...close knit.

I have 6 pending invites...of those, most tell me they have not received an invite!  I even cancelled all pending invites and re-sent new invitations...NOTHING!

WGT has issues, and I have sent them my concerns and a supposed "case" is opened on it...I've done this twice now with no response or indication the issue is resolved.

Until they get it fixed for me, I'm in CC limbo!  So if you are one of these players who requested to join Bushwood, and meet our acceptance criteria...trust me, I've sent an invite...it's WGT that is the problem.

Bloodclot (owner: Bushwood)

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:06 AM

I have had over 750  YES  750+  requests  and still the problem arises.  There is also a problem with hotmail accounts.  Many have reported  that they do not recieve the  invite.   I constantly recieve multiple requests as members cannot locate or recieve the invite. This leads them to believe that I am not interested in their application or that  I can't be bothered to deal with it.  This is not the case. The ones I do recieve are carefully scrutinized before a decision is made.  

At one time  I had over 130 on the pending list !!!!  I had to systematically remove each and every one in a long pain staking process in removing them one by one... (as there was a javascript error in the WGT program)   I still recieve approx 40 a day (usually in block form of  up to 61 in a block)  

Many would-be members have since wandered to other clubs  thinking they were not wanted.    Poor programming has created this problem.  It needs to be addressed , along with the other  odd 42,000 pending problems  in the site !

Golfseekers

RSS