Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:38 AM

mrcaddie:
    1929 - Bob Newhart - An American stand-up comedian and actor. Noted for his deadpan and slightly stammering delivery.

here's one of his stand-up's:

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 11:05 AM

Just a few for 6 September ...

Comedian Jeff Foxworthy is 56 today ... he's best known for his "you might be a redneck" stand up.  Here's a clip for your enjoyment ...

Country singer David Allen Coe is 75 today.  I don't think one can get much more redneck than him.  Here's the only song I can get my uncle to sing at a Karaoke bar ... if I get him drunk enough ...

Another country singer ... Mel Mcdaniel (1942) was born on 6 September.  Here's a very popular tune of his ...

Since I started with a comedian, I'll end with one too ... David Strassman is 57 today ...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 7:45 PM

Roger Waters....  Happy Birthday :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 8:35 AM

Well, well --- Our own David Fraenkel, noted for excellent play and gracious commentary, celebrates 3 years with WGT...C00L

September 7 --- 250 days sold, 115 days open to buy...price ? Gratis to a degree

786 - Saga ~ 52nd Emperor of Japan

1471 - Frederik I ~ King of Denmark / Norway

1533 - Queen Elizabeth I ~ Daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn -- amazing pedigree

1683 - Mary Anne of Austria ~ Queen consort of Portugal

1817 - Louise of Hesse-Kassel ~ Queen of Denmark

1860 - Grandma Moses ~ Painter...any good ? Try buying any of her works

1885 - Harry Sinclair Lewis ~ Writer -- earned the Nobel

~ By the Bye ~

1251 BC ~ A solar eclipse on this date may mark the birth of legendary Heracles at Thebes, Greece

1497 ~ A sailor named Perkin Warbeck becomes King Richard IV

1813 ~ "Uncle Sam" 1st used to refer to th US

1825 ~ The Marquis de Lafayette, French Hero of the American Revolution, bids farewell to President John Quincy Adams at the White House. He had likewise done so with Thomas Jefferson, days earlier, at Monticello

1860 ~ Excursion Steamer "Lady Elgin" goes down in Lake Michigan and does the job on 340 non-swimmers

!871 ~ Yep...then at the Bay of Biscay, the "HMS Captain" takes it in the shorts and capsizes to gather 500 more who couldn't swim a lick

1876 ~ A Bank Robbery by the combo of the James & Younger gangs fails; sending them to the Graybar Hotel

1892 ~ James Corbett KO's John L Sullivan in 21 rounds

1907 ~ The very toney Cliff House Restaurant in 'Frisco' is destroyed by a naughty fire

~ Happiness to All ~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:43 PM

7 Sept ....

I've heard it said "the day the music died is 3 February, 1959" ... way before my time.  Well, I guess in this day in 1936, music was born.  Today is this guy's birth date ...

Gloria Gaynor is 65 today ... many of you disco FOPs probably remember this tune ...

Crissie Hynde (from the Pretenders) is 63 today.  She's still rockin' after all these years ...

Enjoy!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 4:58 PM

DaddysKat:

Crissie Hynde (from the Pretenders) is 63 today.  She's still rockin' after all these years ...

Gotta dig Crissie ! She's a Wild Thang...say Kat, if you have the time I would love to hear "Night in My Veins" by Crissie...if you ain't doin nuthin

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 5:38 PM

SweetiePie:
    Gotta dig Crissie ! She's a Wild Thang...say Kat, if you have the time I would love to hear "Night in My Veins" by Crissie...if you ain't doin nuthin

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:43 AM

8 September,

Singer Pink is 35 today ...

The greatest Dr. Watson ever ... Martin Freeman is 43 today.  He's okay as a hobbit too!  I wonder if he's related to God?

This next singer happens to be one of my most favorite female Country singers.  Patsy Cline (1932) was born on 8 Sep.

Comedian Sid Caesar (1922) was also born on 8 Sep.

Here's a clip from actor Peter Sellers (1925)

Blues guitarist Guitar Shorty is 74 today ...

Singer Aimee Mann is 53 ...

And one of my favorite poets ... Jack Prelutsky is 74 today ...

To lighten your Monday, I'll leave you with this vid ... enjoy!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:26 PM

September 9

214 - Aurelian ~ Emperor of Rome

1466 - Ashikaga Yoshitane ~ Japanese Shogun

1700 - Princess Anna Sophie of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt

1754 - William Bligh ~ Friendly Captain of HMS Bounty

1828 - Leo Tolstoi ~ Russian Writer

1890 - Harland Sanders ~ KFC inventer & CEO

~ By the Bye ~

1543 ~ Mary Stuart is Crowned "Queen of Scots" at Stirling Castle - she is 9 months old !

1776 ~ Congress renames the United Colonies to the United States of America

1841 ~ Oh 0--Great Lakes steamer the "Erie" sinks; 300 folk also sink

~ Peace & Grace ~

RSS