• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 5:39 AM

January 20

Moon Lover Buzz Aldrin is 84

Ice Lover Carol Heiss is 74

Far Left Progressive Nonsense Lover Bill Maher is 58

Royal Life Style Lover Sophie, Countess of Wessex is 49

749 years ago , England's first representative Parliament met for the first time

365 years ago, King Charles I of England went on trial, accused of high treason (he was found guilty and executed by month's end)

78 years ago, Britain's King George V died; he was succeeded by Edward VIII

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:22 AM

January 21

JACK NICKLAUS !!! is 74 today...I hope your tidbits & comments are added here...there must be many

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 5:08 AM

While reading "Golf My Way" by Jack Nicklaus in the 1970s I discovered I have the same size hands as his.  He included a life-size image of his hand.

IIRC, Jack said he uses an interlocking grip because he has small hands, so I do too.

His book is the only golf instruction book I ever owned or needed.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:13 AM

Today is also Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's birthday.

and Telly Savalas.

and for you NBA fans, Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon.

You mentioned the most notable ... Jack is arguably the best (male) golfer to ever play the game. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:29 AM

DaddysKat:
    You mentioned the most notable ... Jack is arguably the best (male) golfer to ever play the game

and to imagine that he won 17 of his Majors using his trusty Bristol Wizard putter and his 1965 MacGregor VIP irons...

also...221 years ago King Louis XVI of France, got his head chopped off via the guillotine...let us return to the 'Golden Bear'...

• Turtletoto
    311 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:06 AM

All great posts sweety pie very informative reading thanks keep up the good work have picked up heaps of facts not known b4

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 5:29 AM

January 22

Sir Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St. Alban, English Philosopher, Statesman, Scientist, Jurist, Orator, Essayist and Author is 453 years young today

Stomach Pain Reliever Lover John Hurt is 74 

Journey Lover Steve Perry is 65

Priest Lover Linda Blair is 55

Gus McCrea Lover Diane Lane is 49........

.......come on Andyson & Kat 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 7:10 AM

On this day I discovered bacon in my fridge that appears to be 2 years old.

On this day in 2012 the 1000th forum post on Quitting was on its 5th page.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 7:25 AM

Also born on 22 January, tobacco lover ... Sir Walter Raleigh is 462 today.

NFL and San Francisco 49er lover ... George Seifert is 74 today.

Poet lover and writer of Don Jaun ... Lord Byron is 226

Soul music lover ... Sam Cooke is 83

Star Trek lover ... character Hikaru Walter Sulu is -165 ... born 2179!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 6:48 AM

January 23...or simply, 123

On this date:  Huckleberry Sausalito was born in Sow-walk Holler, West Virginny (exact year is still debated by Historians). Huck had this great big, pink, uncircumsized, hillbilly dong that had a semi-serious dog-leg left to it. His IQ was 60...or was it 65? I can't remember...let's settle at 62.5...anyway, he was able to learn the art of ambidexterity (some say he could even spell it) and because of influence from his childhood neighbors,, the coal miners daughter and Carl from sling blade fame, coupled with his natural limber, double jointed gifts, he became so skilled at blowing the skin flute that history provides no other example.

...also on this date, the 'Jackson Five' recorded the hit song...you guessed it...1,2,3

Other Notable events to follow... 

RSS