Help › Forums

is it me or is any 1 else having problems with tour starter clubs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2009 2:35 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TigerGaz
    25 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 2:19 AM

for some reason i wish i never got the tour starter clubs they just dont seem accurate at all i hitting the ball perfect along with ajustments for the wind and always seem to be miles off any 1 got the same problem

• swillc
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:13 PM

funny you mention it... I just had a tee shot where I hiit it perfect. Light wind in my face, aligned in the center of the fairway, and BANG. Way right..

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:14 PM

Agreed.  Deviations off norm are especially large today, for whatever reason.  Some days it will be like that the whole day.  There's nothing you can do other than try again and wait for  the cycle to break.

• swillc
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:22 PM

disagree, tibbets. I have hit thousands of shots. Happened only once and today.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:27 PM

lol just wait, it'll happen alot more than once.  On a good day it happens only once.  On a bad day it will happen a few times a round.  I've had 3 rounds of 66 today on Bethpage....with 7 birdies each time.  Each time I had 3 holes with 7+yd deviations on the approach shot that resulted in bogeys.

Like I said, bad day.

• swillc
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:33 PM

maybe we are talking about two different things..I see deviations like you say, all the time... Think - hitting your drive dead center. And the result is like you let the meter go all the way to the right before you click...

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 10:44 AM

I was thinkin the WGT tour starters have been worse ever since the recent changes. Could just be me. Putting is definately more touchy though. Perhaps making the tour starters worse is a selling point for the disappointing ping and TM irons? Eh, who knows.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 10:49 AM

I have the Tour Starter set....  and while my ability is no where near the level of the Masters, or even most of the Pros, I have found that that Tour Starter set is pretty much putting the ball where I aim it, unless I completely bork and mishit it.  (long run on sentance, I know, but I'm reallllllllly tired).

The only club that consistantly gives me fits is the putter.  The bane of my existance in real life, too.

Cheers.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:18 PM

The putter is "designed" for more control on your putts, which means you hit it perfect or the ball is pushed/pulled feet off your aim point (READ: yes I'm pissed at the putting). Let's just say I've been using the 150 ft scale a LOT just to reduce the speed of the meter around the contact point to try and hit everything perfect (just on putts over 30 ft). Still doesn't seem to help, since I had a 4 footer get "moved" a whole cup width off my aim point just due to the deviations. I hit the damn thing perfect and it started off course.

Slowly but surely, I am getting more and more in awe of tibbets, Avatar, et al. I really think I could practice night and day for a month and I'd still want to throw my laptop across the room 3 or 4 times a round on BP just because of deviations screwing with perfect shots. I don't know how they do it, especially since I notice the largest deviations (and seems to be most frequent) during putting.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:56 AM

Currently using mouse #4  ;P j/k

We feel your pain, it happens to us too!

• PAGES
RSS