Help › Forums

I need more distance from my clubs

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 13 2009 12:57 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:44 PM

you can get over the sand traps. You can actually reach most of the fairways. Add backspin to your drives so they carry farther, and aim at the closest point of fairway. Hit it solid and most of the time you are fine

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:03 PM

Click the mouse really hard...I get 15-20 yards extra if I ram the button down real hard..in fact stand up for extra leverage and yell loudly when you kill that mouse.

• Chalkie
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 4:11 AM

I'm with you on this one Rockey1. I played it a few hrs. ago and couldn't hit the fairway from the tee box on 5 holes.

I'm now in the "Pro" catagory, and played like a hack with one arm tied behind my back.

I don't understand the logic here with the rankings and the yardage.....

Help!..... us short don't have a chance here. I'm feeling like Freddy Funk with out the quality equipment.

Chalkie

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 6:57 AM

And if you have a cordless mouse, throw it down the hallway after you click for added topspin!

• zbar
    10 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 3:48 AM

do new clubs make that much of a difference? hrist im ready to try anything im in pro status and broke my balls breaking 90 for god sake   someone help please

• gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 11:55 AM

yeah i was a hack before..now i'm a pro and my scores have gone up by 10 strokes..

and don't forget to wash your club and balls

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:25 PM

Shaun, you really mean you can get ALL the fairways, provided you have a helping wind. I just had a round where I was 3 UNDER on the front 9 and 8 OVER on the back nine. 3 holes on the back 9 I couldn't reach due to severe cross or head winds. Hit 2 of them perfect and the 3rd just off perfect. Double bogey on one because another perfect swing from the deep rough went 10 yards.

So, if you want to play a challenging round that will test all your shots, it's great. If you want to be competitive, better hope you won some credits in tourneys to get the upgraded clubs, otherwise pony up on your credit card. And while the distance they get you isn't much, another 20 yards over the starter drive is more than enough to just catch the fairway even in a headwind on most of the "undriveable" holes. That's saving a stroke on each right there.

• jokeefe82
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 9:14 PM

I just ponied up the 20 USD because of this problem and still missed two of the five fairways in question. When paying cash to an online game I thought I would get more of a result, instead it added 10 strokes because the swing meter went faster and the forgiveness zone shrunk, oh well games still fun.

• PAGES
RSS