Help › Forums

New Tees

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 5 2020 9:51 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 10:26 AM

Ive noticed the tees have been moved backed. Will we have a chance to get clubs that will offer a little more distance? I also see a lot of new tourney's for Nov. Are the tees lengthen on Tournament play also?Should we wait for the better clubs to play a tournament  if your gonna change sometime soon?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 3:45 PM

Hi Fuzzygazz,

We introduced the Amateur Tier early this morning: http://www.wgt.com/news/archive/2008/11/01/new-amateur-tier-added.aspx

Since you were moved into the higher tier, you will now play from a farther teebox.

The upside is, there are bigger and better prizes in tournaments for Amateur tier players. :)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 4:02 PM

Thanks Alex

• SERGI0GARCIA
    19 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2008 12:07 PM

hmm, what happens when we post scores in a "ranked" game, its harder to get a good score, so we will go bk up and be in the "hack tier" is this the idea :)? 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2008 12:46 PM

No, currently you cannot move back into the Hack tier.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2008 9:06 AM

What's the criteria for moving into the Amateur Tier? I know I'm not there yet, but I haven't seen anything that states what you need to do to move up.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2008 10:04 PM

You must play Ranked stroke play rounds, multiplayer rounds, or Stroke Play tournament rounds to change your tier. Our calculation takes your ten best out of your most recent fourteen scores and applies a weighted index to determine your tier.

• nelly21
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2008 3:10 PM

I somehow just got bumped up to the Amateur tier based on 1 lucky round.  Now I am playing from the longer tees and my ranking/scores are dropping big time.  How do I get something better than the starter club set to help?  Thanks for any help, and thanks for an awesome game!

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2008 7:27 PM

Is there a certain round score I need to get or a ranking number I need? I understand that good rounds get you moved up. I'm just looking for a number, I guess, so I know how far off I am.

• nelly21
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 11 2008 7:57 AM

I was right around 69.7 but never saw my name on the top 10 list for Hacks, then I shot a 33 and my score dropped to 69.15 and it moved me to the Amateur tier.  I haven't been able to shoot under par since playing from the longer tees and my average is back up to almost 72. 

• PAGES
RSS