Forums

Help › Forums

Disabling Accounts

Tue, Dec 24 2019 2:58 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:12 PM

We have been getting a lot of complaints about accounts being disabled.  So I wanted to put on the record, as best as I can, what is going on.

We have made a point over the past couple of months to try and curb the amount of multi accounting that is going on.  We want players who play the game honestly to be able to get the rewards that come with that.  This means the winnings that go along with tournaments and the ability to feel confident in playing someone else for credits.

We have been doing our own independent investigations and if someone is disabled it is due to game play and not anything else.  If a player is honest they really have nothing to fear.  Players that are honest and have come to me personally to explain situations can attest to the fact that if you are up front and honest, I and everyone else here at wgt, will work with you.

When dealing with tournaments, please don't look at the standings before the tournament closes.  Go back and look after.  You will always get a better idea of what is going on once the tournament has closed.

An offer to all players.  If you have a multiple account that was opened because of one of the reasons listed below please contact me, Icon, or customer services and we will work with you so in the future you won't have a problem.

1. Opened due to forgotten password

2.  Opened because you didn't realize you had another account.  Example - played in 2010 and then stopped playing and just started again.

3. Opened a second account for a family member and the family member has never played.

Lastly, are we catching every multi account on the site?  No, I wish we were though.  But we are are trying and we feel like we are making strides.

- WGTdbloshoe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:25 PM

Well done WGT!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:34 PM

MBaggese:

Well done WGT!

X2

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:49 PM

ZioMio:

MBaggese:

Well done WGT!

X2

x3

Happy hunting 

• harrymunk
    443 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:23 PM

about time 

• Fernidini
    32 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:05 AM

What i think is funny is that someone can put up a thread bashing wgt for not doing something about multi's and it gets 200 posts to it in a matter of minutes. Then wgt comes out and says they are doing something about it and it gets 5. I say thanks wgt for doing what you do.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:12 AM

And Another Good thing happened in WGT land .

OPY

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:22 AM

opyeuclid:
    And Another Good thing happened in WGT land .

I'll bet it's been going on all along, the good thing is saying so. :-)

• raymond123
    1 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 5:51 PM

I can do everything on this site, it's only when I click on take survey that I get the disable message. Could it have something to do with cookies? Any help appreciated

• PAGES
RSS