Help › Forums

Course notebook question

Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:38 PM (77 replies)
  • cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:07 PM

Jimbog1964:

WGTdbloshoe:
    Not sure why they used symbols on the description, but it is 500 characters per page on the notebook.  This should give a player plenty of room to put some notes down for each hole. 

Unlimited pages? just for sake of clarity. So 500 credits one of payment unlimited pages, and 500 characters per page? Basically any normal person would find 500 credits payment buys a big enough book for every hole on WGT??

Does it sit in the game screen as playing, a button to open shut as want to look / take a note?

Does it automatically go to a hole you are on, just out of interest? 

All very, very good questions and some, not all have been answered yet.  I'm sure once enough honest members/users try it we'll all get a true feedback.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:53 PM

Maybe someone can help me out with what looks like a MAJOR design flaw in it. I was just checking it out and in CTTH it appears that you can only enter notes BEFORE you take a shot on a hole. Once you hit the shot and the footage registers the game automatically rolls on. Replay shots don't include the notebook. Previous holes are not available to the notebook.

Seems the only way to enter any notes you might have for a CTTH hole is to enter them before you play the hole the NEXT time.

Shoe?

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:11 PM

can u access this note book....while 

setting in game lobby ?  ..if yer the host

any hole at any time ???    or just the page of the hole yer playing ? at that time ?

hmmmm .. ??       .. man ..id wanna take notes in multi player... thats when ya see the wild stuff.. or ya may ask a friend what he did on a shot... an be all high ..an need to write it down rite then...or ...after a few ...bbq tater chips ita be forgotten .. 

:)_~~

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:15 PM

oh no !!!

A BUGGY BOOK !!!  .... lolol

yea..id just like a blank one... 500 let'rs a page is fine... ..an access to it in game lobby .. 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:45 PM

srellim234:

Maybe someone can help me out with what looks like a MAJOR design flaw in it. I was just checking it out and in CTTH it appears that you can only enter notes BEFORE you take a shot on a hole. Once you hit the shot and the footage registers the game automatically rolls on. Replay shots don't include the notebook. Previous holes are not available to the notebook.

Seems the only way to enter any notes you might have for a CTTH hole is to enter them before you play the hole the NEXT time.

Shoe?

That is correct for the CTTH, once the hole is completed the information already sent to the the server so not a way to change it currently.  They are in the process of coming up with a way to go back or to enter information. 

To me the best value of this course notebook comes into play in practice stroke play rounds.  Where you can hit a shot see the result take a mulligan and enter notes about the shot and test that way.  This gives you the chance to dial in your shots in different conditions and different clubs. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:52 PM

The fact that it does not cross refer to Best of Courses from the "real one" in either edit or view only is a very significant draw back. 

I do hope WGT do not think about charging more for an upgrade. It should only be a design rectification not an excuse for that. 

For my money at 500 credits this thing suddenly looks very expensive.  Curiosity is a terrible thing and Choices.  Needs sorting though WGT.  

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:58 PM

Thanks for checking on that, Shoe.

I agree that it's a good tool to use in stroke play; that seemed to work quite well. I've never been serious enough to keep notes on this game but I might just jot down a tidbit or two since it's there and so easy to use....

In CTTH I guess the best option right now is to write it down for the next time.

• Didymus
    16 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:33 PM

Same here, can't find it

• gedi83
    277 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:40 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

That is correct for the CTTH, once the hole is completed the information already sent to the the server so not a way to change it currently.  They are in the process of coming up with a way to go back or to enter information. 

To me the best value of this course notebook comes into play in practice stroke play rounds.  Where you can hit a shot see the result take a mulligan and enter notes about the shot and test that way.  This gives you the chance to dial in your shots in different conditions and different clubs. 

This issue is relevant not only for CTTH. I suppose for stroke play there are separate note pages for approach shots and for putting, i.e. once you make an approach shot and reach the green, you can only make a note on the putting page, which would be of little use there, if you can't view it while making your approach next time...

I don't know how many people play practice - I don't, and for me the most use from the notes would be to mark info relevant for the approach shot like how to approach some complicated greens (hello, Merion!) or which side of the hole has good and which awful putting lines. And now one can only make these notes once s/he is on the putting green, when incidentally the fairway page is not available...

I think it's important to fix this ASAP for the notebook to be useful.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 4:35 AM

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE NEWS PAGE...

• If you're using the Google Chrome browser with PepperFlash, you may have problems entering spaces in the Course Notebooks. You can either choose to use periods or commas instead of spaces, or turn off PepperFlash as follows: Visit chrome://plugins/ in your Chrome browser, click the Details button in the top right corner to expand the list, find the Adobe Flash Player and verify you have at least 2 Flash players installed, click the Disable link directly below the entry with the Location that references PepperFlash, close and re-launch Chrome browser. When you re-launch WGT, your spaces should work.
RSS