Forums

Help › Forums

Course notebook question

Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:38 PM (77 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:41 AM

srellim234:

The description of the course notebook changes as you click on the purchase button from "Course Notebook" to "Course Notebook (500 symbols)". 

Is "500 symbols" a reference to the price, the number of lines allowed to be entered on a page, the number of entries allowed for the whole book or some other thing that only the WGT person who wrote the description knows?

Exactly what does "Course Notebook (500 symbols)" mean?

Not sure why they used symbols on the description, but it is 500 characters per page on the notebook.  This should give a player plenty of room to put some notes down for each hole. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:49 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Not sure why they used symbols on the description, but it is 500 characters per page on the notebook.  This should give a player plenty of room to put some notes down for each hole. 

Unlimited pages? just for sake of clarity. So 500 credits one of payment unlimited pages, and 500 characters per page? Basically any normal person would find 500 credits payment buys a big enough book for every hole on WGT??

Does it sit in the game screen as playing, a button to open shut as want to look / take a note?

Does it automatically go to a hole you are on, just out of interest? 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:00 PM

I bought the notebook , but can't find it

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:36 PM

Shoe - Thank you for the explanation.

Jimbog - Not unlimited pages. From the description in the Pro Shop:

"Keep all your notes and tips for every WGT course in one place, just a click away. There's a separate section for every course and for every hole. Stroke-play courses have a page for each fairway and green, while closest-to-the-hole courses have one page for each shot."

Based on what Shoe just told us, I guess that means each stroke play course has two pages per hole (one fairway, one green) and each CTTH course has one page per hole. Limit is 500 characters of notes per page.

Wood - I haven't purchased it so I can't say where it is. It seems from the description, though, that a link to it should be somewhere on the screen while the game is in progress. Is it something that needs to be equipped like a golf bag? Since the description describes pages only for fairways and greens, I wonder if it doesn't show up until after a tee shot.

EDIT _ Wood- It's automatically equipped. See my post below.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:51 PM

Woodoworkery:

I bought the notebook , but can't find it

I went ahead and picked it up to check for you. While you're playing it's located in the top left portion of the screen, just to the right of the WGT flag. For non-Nation members it's just to the right of "INVITES". 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:07 PM

So some clarifications.

2 pages per hole on full stroke play courses.  1 for Tee to Green and 1 for on the Green.

1 page only for CTTH courses.

It is a 1 time payment of 500 credits to get the course notebook.

For Best of courses you will need to put in separate notes since it is a different course.  Example - if you put notes in for Kiawah, they won't transfer to the Best of courses.

You can take notes in practice, ranked stroke play rounds, and CTTH.  During multi player notes can be viewed but not edited.  This is done to keep pace of play.

Hope this helps clear some things up.

- WGTdbloshoe

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:19 PM

Let me ask this ,,  When WGT add,s another full stroke course ..   Will there be pages for that New Course  Or Will you have to get Book # 2  ?

OPY

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:25 PM

opyeuclid:

Let me ask this ,,  When WGT add,s another full stroke course ..   Will there be pages for that New Course  Or Will you have to get Book # 2  ?

OPY

It will be added to your existing noteboook so you won't have to buy anything else.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:46 PM

Really do not if buy it or no.

I mean, I like the idea to get a notebook to report special condition shots but, but near by 5000 ranked rounds I don't think to need to place a note to approach close (for example) to the #9 at RSG or I will only need some luckly combination between ding out, speed green, spin and wind.

Woodo, can you handle some screenshot while "on action", appreciate that.

David.

• corycmc22
    21 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:51 PM

very nice wgt...congratulations...a good value at 500 credits

RSS