Forums

Help › Forums

New Tourney Manager spreadsheet

Sun, Oct 14 2018 12:41 PM (27 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:42 PM

For those of you that run a "Fed-ex" style tournament in your country club, I've come up with another spreadsheet.  This one is really easy to run.  If you know how to copy and paste, your over 95% done in creating a Fed-Ex style leaderboard.

Here's a quick youtube video I created to show you how easy this program works.  Here's the steps the video goes through (1) Enable's the spreadsheet's macros; (2) Loading the "Tourney Manager" macro; (3) Copying the tournament scores to the clipboard; (4) Pasting the data into the Tourney Manager by selecting "Paste" on the Tourney Manager menu; (5) Updating the Leaderboard.  Here you have to (a) select the points system to use; (b) Enter a description for the tournament; (c) paste in the hyperlink address for the tournament and (d) Running the update.

The video will then share the Leaderboard and the Tourney History with you and show you how the hyperlinks that are added to the Tourney history works.  It's around 3 minutes from start to finish.

Give the video a look, and if this interest you, let me know.  Just like my notes spreadsheet, this one is also free!  

Note:  Microsoft Excel 2007 or greater required on Windows based machines, 2011 or 365 for Mac Platforms.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Kat ♥

Youtube video (best viewed using the fullscreen feature):

Edit 29 Dec, 2013.  Here's the link to access the tourney manager spreadsheet:

Tourney Manager Spreadsheet and Documentation

Edit 4 Jan, 2014

In case the link doesn't work, here's the actual link to the google drive.  Just copy and paste to your browser:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8zXgJL4jcQealVZVS10XzU3MVE&usp=sharing

If you like what you see and are using it, please leave a comment and rate the post.  It truly is a time saver for those playing Fed-Ex style tournaments.

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 10:25 PM

Sounds great Kat !

Could I have the link please?

Kelly

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 10:31 PM

l'd like a look. ty

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts

me too Kat please

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts

l'd like a look. ty

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 10:55 PM

Friend request sent all.  Please accept and I'll send you the link.

• Sriley13
    235 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 8:59 AM

Interested as well.....friend request sent.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:14 AM

Sriley13:

Interested as well.....friend request sent.

Just sent you a PM with the link.  Hope it meets or exceeds your expectations!

Happy Holidays!

Kat ♥

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:23 AM

Very intersted, please send link.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:58 AM

bigdaddie1:

Very intersted, please send link.

Hey bigdaddie ...

One of your fellow members (WigerToods) already has it.  He's the guy that gave me the idea to write it, and I bugged him incessantly until I got it working!  (Sorry again for all the headaches, Johnny!)

Johnny is a very good friend and without him sharing his spreadsheet, this one would not exist.  He gave me the okay to share his "points system" that is incorporated in my spreadsheet.  Also the leaderboard I am using is pretty much a duplicate of his.

I shared my code with Johnny during the development of this program, and even bored him to tears discussing how my macros worked.  Hopefully that's what inspired him to get his spreadsheet update routine automated ... it would be nice to know I helped him out a bit, since I bugged him so much!

So ... I'll send you a friend request, BigDaddie.  Send me a PM if you still want it.  Just be aware that Johnny helped me with this and his spreadsheet is already customized for your CC.

Happy Holidays!

Kat ♥

RSS