Forums

Help › Forums

requirements to move up a tier.

Sun, Dec 23 2018 3:09 PM (35 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 12:38 AM

fatdan:
    Just saying, don't know what it is supposed to be but I needed 964 ranked rounds for 500 and I still don't have 964....59.99 was the magic # for me, not 60.
    I hear you.

Your experience contradicts common knowledge of the 500 rounds - I'm gonna reach them next year - perhaps - and report.

OTOH I hope that the target score still is 60.000, or the world that we knew has vanished...

My congrats to TL!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 4:32 AM

fatdan:

Actually I just moved up to TL 2 days ago at 475 ranked rounds by my count(and it was correct) and reached saturation at 460....I was sitting at 60.39, I could shoot a 28 and it would go down .01...all of a sudden I could shoot a 31 and it would drop .02, a 28 dropped it .04...moved up pretty fast.

Also I sat at a 60.0 for 2 rounds, the next round dropped it to 59.99 and I moved up.....

Just saying, don't know what it is supposed to be but I needed 964 ranked rounds for 500 and I still don't have 964....59.99 was the magic # for me, not 60.

playing just tournaments might make a difference also they say winning or placing in them bumps u up too

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 6:22 AM

This - as I know - is true only for lower tiers where the tiering process is influenced by credit and matchplay wins.

OTOH, they might have included these measures to Legends lately(?)

Big question mark because there haven't been any reports of unexplicable moves. FD's would be the first made public.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 4:17 PM

The only thing I can think of is that when I turned legend I was playing in unlimited weekly tournaments for several days that showed up as TMaster rounds on the scores page, maybe they were counted as Legend rounds anyway? But the # was 59.99 to tier up, 60.00 didn't do it....

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 3:37 PM

spdemon:

Sathion:

Any idea what the requirements are to get from tour pro to the next rank?

When you have played 25 ranked rounds as Tour Pro and achieve an average of 67.00 or lower, you are promoted to Master.

Hmmmm.  I know I had more than 25 ranked rounds as TP, but today I moved to Master with an average of only 69.2.

I was hoping to get the hang of the much better balls I started playing a couple of days ago before dealing with tiering up!

It made me tear up a bit..........

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 12:42 AM

pdb1:

I don't believe that is correct . These are very accurate numbers . There are situations that allow earlier tiering up . but are rare and require excessive playing .

It is more likely that your first round after you tiered up was a 69 . making that your new average .

It is/was correct as I stated.  My average was 69.2 after what turned out to be my last round as Tour Pro.  I suppose this was one of those rare situations.

Actually, my average after my first round as Master was 76 as I played with the newer/different balls, and from longer tees ( a 9-hole 38).

BTW - I brought this up in an older, very related, thread from a search to keep this information together instead of scattered throughout even more threads.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 2:36 AM

• Sathion
    28 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 2:38 AM

DoctorLarry:
    BTW - I brought this up in an older, very related, thread from a search to keep this information together instead of scattered throughout even more threads.

2013 is when I posted in this thread and it's been great to see it revived 

RSS