Help › Forums

Playing in the WInd

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 15 2014 9:13 PM (35 replies)
  • mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 10:58 AM

MioKontic:

Well of course it makes a difference, and I'm glad you spotted that.  I left it open on purpose to see if anyone was actually awake.  You win the prize.  If only I knew where I left it.

So, now, to the Pi.  Oh darn, I just ate the last piece.  Ah yes, I just remembered, that was the prize.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.  Cherry it was too.  I think there is less wind with Cherry.  But stay away from rhubarb... that's like super-high winds!

Enlightening.....I guess like all things on WGT I will just have to experiment with the variety of Pi's to find what suits my taste buds...I concur with your view on the rhubard as I found recently that my playing partners disconnected after a few holes.....

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 2:00 PM

mara43:
    as I found recently that my playing partners disconnected after a few holes.....

Quiters? (The incorrect spelling!)

******* quit on me this morning.  Warning everyone, don't ever play this person.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 2:41 PM

MioKontic:

mara43:
    as I found recently that my playing partners disconnected after a few holes.....

Quiters? (The incorrect spelling!)

******* quit on me this morning.  Warning everyone, don't ever play this person.

noted.....I have put ******* on my avoid list along with +++++++ & -------- these 2 are the worst...they string you along until the 8th hole...then shout 'rhubarb' & leg it before I get to putt.....bringing the golf cart next time to run them over if I see them on the course.

Also had a problem with [][][][][][][], he/she/it got around my blocker so I have repoted him/her/it to WGT.

• FuzzzyNutzz
    131 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 7:46 PM

well, i agree

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:55 AM

Richard1201:

Thanks for the help with the wind. I was using 15mph headwind, add extra club. Still using starters.

Any tips for sand?

Well, ya, of course there are tips for sand.

First, take a bucket - in the shape of a sand castle preferably as it saves time later - and spade.  By the way, I never did get mine back - yellow spade, blue bucket with a yellow handle (to match the spade), all in best quality plastic.

Next, don't take all the sand from any one sandpit; there are people who hit little white balls into said sandpits and they're none too pleased when there is no sand in them.

Also, don't line up your sandcastles like a wall in front of said sandpits because those same said people for some silly reason get annoyed.

Y'know, you'd think those said people would be more grateful when you take all the sand out of the sandpits because they always seem to complain when they go into them.  But I guess some will always find something to complain about, even if the sun was shining and the sea was blue.  It's piddling down with rain here today by the way, as it did all day yesterday too!

And finally, Kiawah has the most sand, although it's not called sand but waste areas.  To me they are far from waste; they are more fun than... oh, what's it called... when you do that thing when you put your palms together, drop the two middle fingers, then rotate the hands each 90 degrees in opposite directions (to make 180 degrees in all), then move the middle fingers like they were connected.  Yes, it's more fun than even that.  But be careful of the Mario Karting events from time to time, and also the whirlpool on Kiawah #18.

I have to go now, mummy says I have to stop playing in the sand.  But it's Lizzie's fault cos she likes the sand and always drags me into it.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:55 AM

Hands up all those who did the hand thingy after reading the previous post.  It's like not chewing a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille... cos the only thing you can do with a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille is chew!

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:23 AM

Well, the rain has temporarily stopped and the sun is out.  But you can guarantee it will soon start raining again because it's crown green bowls cup night tonight.  And real golf tomorrow, so most likely a thunderstorm!

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:45 AM

FuzzzyNutzz:

why so compicated, if the wind is in  a straight line in front of behind i half it. 

It doesn't work that way. If you halve a headwind of, say, 20 mph from 200 yards out you'll come up 10 yards short, and if you halve it from 50 yards you'll be 5 yards long. It a little more complicated than that :)

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:50 AM

The problem isn't distance though. It's stopping the ball.

Just played Kiawah and all the par 3s had tailwinds. Ball bounced on front of green and shot over it. Just can't stop it with a tailwind.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:56 AM

saltiresfan:
    The problem isn't distance though. It's stopping the ball.

Well, that's easy.  Go and get some of the sand from the sandpits, using your (blue with yellow handle?) bucket and (yellow?) spade, and build a wall behind the hole in a semi-circular design.

And if your bucket is blue with a yellow handle and the spade is yellow, ARE THEY MINE???  It's easy to tell if they are mine, they will have 'Made in Tiawan' printed on them somewhere.  I want them back!

RSS