Help › Forums

bethpage black

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2009 11:47 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 4:43 AM

make sure u take a bucket and spade.....sum1 wanna borrow me sum clubs!

• Totmarbz
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:14 AM

Hell yes, I have just played my first US OPen qualifying round, and I shot an 82!! 82!!

That's 11 over par...My problem is that I am a Pro but I have the standard clubs only. so I'm tying to reach the green on a 605yrds hole with a 225 driver and a 205 hybrid as my longest clubs...no friggin way. ended up in the rough so often..but I'm trying to improve to a 75 or something.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:39 AM

I haven't got past the first holes yet as I am checking the roughs for my lost balls. These new clubs I bought are tough to get used to but I needed the distance to hit from those far back tees now.

• GerryS
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:52 AM

Forget playing this course with the standard set of clubs. 

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 7:25 AM

its a joke, middled a drive 12 mph wind behind didn't make the fairway. if you have the bog standard clubs forget it. they could have at least have given you a chance of reaching the fiarways. i've been looking forward like many too playing the course but it looks like if you don't upgrade your clubs you have no chance. make if fair for everyone not just the ones who purchase upgrades.

stood on the first looking forward to a challenge came off the course feeling cheated.

i'm supposed to be in the master tier . NO WAY

going for a real game at least if i pearl a drive off the back tees with the wind behind me i know that i'll be on the fairway even with the cheap driver i carry in my bag.

plim

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 7:31 AM

im determined to go round in par wiv these clubs....haha....yeah right! best is ten over on the 18....thats where i quit!

• bzenner
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 10:01 AM

I started celebrating when I made par on the last hole to stay at +17! Oh boy....it's tough when you have no way in the world of reaching the fairway when you're standing at the tee (on a few of the holes). I'm going to try a few more times before I reluctantly make the purchase of new clubs.

• blueheaven68
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 10:40 AM

I played the 9 hole Kiawah finished -4 and they took me from Hack to Pro and now I'm playin holes from the gold tees with starter clubs. Theres no way i can reach Par 4's

that way. Just wanted to know from anyone is buyin credits and gettin better clubs will do anything. cause i have to play par 4's as par holes with 3 great shots n par 5's the same way. Maakes no sense since i finished +12 with no chance to even make a birdie at all.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:16 AM

BlueHeaven.... no.

I have the Tour-Starter set and am now Pro level.  I have said good-bye to sub-par rounds and am now considering anything at less than +6 to be a win.

I can't speak for the newer stuff.  I don't see where my money was well spent the first time and I won't throw good money after bad... I'm not the govm't.

Cheers!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:31 AM

The Virtual US Open is set to Championship conditions.  It is going to be very tough and to hit par is an achievement all in itself. We hope you can take a deep breath and experience the black in all her glory, she is a beast and demands respect.

On a side note you should see that your scores on the other course will improve due to the game improvements we have made.

• PAGES
RSS