Help › Forums

quitting during a round

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bhwest85
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 6:58 AM

This game is great. The only flaw with it is the putting. Way to hard to become consistent.

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 8:10 PM

hmmmm?  After only a week playing I find the putting the easiest part for me.  But,  whatever floats yer boat.  : )

Back to the original point...."Quitting during a round".  This has happened to me like three times this week...where I'll be playing against someone who comes on board with like 10 stroke less ranking and I'll be beating them by like only one or two strokes and they,  even in a VERY nice and polite way,  RIGHT AT THE VERY LAST HOLE ON THE GREEN.....will merely say,  'well,  that does it for me ...nice game ty very much...bye."   I'm like wts man?  So  slimey.....gives me the creeps.  I'm not kidding a bit.  ~G.

• Golfadik
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 8:53 PM

I totally agree with that ,Putting is the hardest part of the game for me on WGT

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:06 PM

bbeards4:
    Just as it is quite wrong to assume one lacks class who uses a curse word now and then… it is also wrong to assume one who “uses them constantly or have them pouring out one after another” would lack class.

I never really made that assumption, but there does reach a point where it becomes excessive, aggressive, blunt, unnecessary and unappealing.  A 10 word sentence with 8 curses isn't exactly articulation in it's finest form.  As with most things, moderation is the key.

*shrug*

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 12:11 AM

"Just because another person decides to live their life with a different set of moral values than you, does not automatically make them classless.  It doesn't give you the right to judge them nor does it give you the right to attempt to force your "guideline for living" onto them.   That comes off as intolerance and it's certainly not a trait I'd want my children to develop.  Haven't we all learned our lessons from stereotyping people in the last 200 years?"

Whats the difference?  How much is to much?  Thats my point... everyone has there own line of moderation.  Why is your line acceptable with only using a profanity now and then and Teamster's unacceptable?

**shrug shrug**

• peetie2008
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 12:57 AM

I agree finding the putting very hard, Any tips that can help. Enjoy the game tho, just started playing this week.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 5:19 AM

All I said was that there is no need to have curses pouring out one after another.  That's a personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, so I'm not sure why you're arguing with me about it.  I'm also not sure why you've focused on that so intently, because in doing so you've missed my main point.  I'm not here to turn this into an argument about where the "correct" line of moderation is, because there is no "correct" line, so let's avoid going down that road.

My point was only that it's wrong to force your guideline of living onto other people.  That's it.  No where above did I force my values on you or anyone else.  Simply having an opinion about where "moderation" lies does not make me a hypocrite, sorry.

Regardless, this isn't the thread for us continue this in, so let's agree to disagree on personal opinions and move on.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 8:36 AM

OK.  Your right... this is not a forum for that discussion.  And enough is enough. 

I do want to remind you that in no way was I trying to offend or attack you.  Your (original) post was well written and I do agree with you on most (to all of) your points.

Good luck with any (virtual) "G" today.

Later...

bbeards4

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 8:38 AM

No offense taken at all.  And for what it's worth, I've been kinda sick lately, so my mind hasn't been focusing on the things it should be very well.  I do apologize if I came off offended or agitated.  It's just the sick talking. :)

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:58 AM

Thanks for saying that bro.  No worries on my end at all.  Get well... the golf gods miss one of there Masters im sure.

Late...

bbeards4

• PAGES
RSS