Help › Forums

quitting during a round

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gruzzman
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 10:04 AM

this site has a bunch of lil boys on it that dont use it for its social value, rather they use it to try to impress other cheaters like themselves, by only posting their best scores! get a fucking clue, it's only a game

• CBarkley
    13 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 1:53 PM

I hear ya loud and clear. All I do is just write down the name of players who cut out cause the score is tanking. I will never play against them again. Simple enough.

• Teamster174
    43 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 8:56 PM

Some of us have children who visit and play on this site and read the forum posts. I would ask that you use some manners and curb your language and act as a gentleman much the same as required on any of a number of actual courses. Remember, it's just a game.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 9:06 PM

From Terms & Conditions:

"YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THIS SITE AND BY USING THIS SITE, YOU REPRESENT, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE."

Teamster174, you shouldn't have your kids on this site.

• Teamster174
    43 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2009 7:46 AM

My children are 18 and 19. That still does not have anything to do with the fact that we all need to act with some class Mr. Tibbets. Would you use that language around your mother?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2009 8:08 AM

Yes, yes I would.  They are just words after all and not really anything to be afraid of.

A curse planted at the right time can add emphasis and inflection to a statement.  And while there is no need to use them constantly or have them pouring out one after another,  it is quite wrong to assume that anyone who uses one now and then lacks class.  Just because another person decides to live their life with a different set of moral values than you, does not automatically make them classless.  It doesn't give you the right to judge them nor does it give you the right to attempt to force your "guideline for living" onto them.   That comes off as intolerance and it's certainly not a trait I'd want my children to develop.  Haven't we all learned our lessons from stereotyping people in the last 200 years?

As an aside, I've played golf for 19 years.  I've never seen anyone thrown off the course for language. 

"They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken." - Raymond Floyd

“Censorship feeds the dirty mind more than the four-letter word itself.” - D.ick Cavett

lol it censored his name. How ironic.

And as far as the OP goes:

"Well sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Peter Griffin

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2009 9:32 AM

My only point was that this is an adult site, which means adult themes, language, etc.  I didn't use the language in the first place, Teamster, but I will defend someones right to use it, so long as it isn't directly pointed at a particular person in an abusive manner.

Bottom line:  Don't like?  Don't read.

As an aside, everything Nivlac says above about golf and profanity going hand in hand is absolutely true.  It the quintessential game for it, and anyone who doesn't understand that hasn't been around much golf.

• nwharley
    119 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:25 PM

back to the point. yes something needs to be done with these quiters. this is getting very annoying.

i am just keeping a log of who is quitting when i play so i dont have to waste my time with these slackers. i would suggest doing this until something can be done...

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 9:57 PM

I havent played muti player in a long time and I can see what all the fuss is about. One thing everyone has to remember is when you are given the option players are going to take it. I played tonight just to see what would happen and everyone knows what did out of four matches five players quit after the games loaded. One match the game froze up and wouldnt let the game go. One good thing about the games was I made some freinds out there and thats what the site is all about. I can see why people vent on this site about the quitters so let them vent and if there are parents letting there children on this site like MR TIBBITS says you have to be 18 years or older to be on here so sham on you if your affended they shouldnt be on here anyway. Also while I'm here I want to thank Mr tibbits and Mr nivlac for all the things you do for wgt and helping players have a better experiance on this site. I havn't had the pleasure of playing a match with you guys yet and hope i do in the future keep up the good work.

chuckiee

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 6:55 AM

Normal 0

Just wanted to make a point to "niviac"s post.  I agree with everything you said.  It was well written and you made very good points.  The only thing that I really had to point out is that…

Just as it is quite wrong to assume one lacks class who uses a curse word now and then… it is also wrong to assume one who “uses them constantly or have them pouring out one after another” would lack class.

And again… not calling you a hypocrite or critiquing your post… just needed to point that out.

Also wanted to remind “Teamster174” that he has John Lennon as his icon…  And John Lennon use to curse like a sailor my man… you have to know that.

Late…

Bbeards4

• PAGES
RSS