Forums

Help › Forums

Golf World's No. 1 Resort

Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:13 PM (30 replies)
  • mattgolffan1
    283 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 3:37 AM

I live in west virginia and around the neck of woods i live in..I'd have to say the Greenbrier resort is one of the best and well maintained courses around..it's very expensive to play but if your a golf fanatic like myself its worth playing once a year..actually i believe the pga tour is coming here next year to play the Greenbrier..also the Raven golf course at Snowshoe mtn. is another great course to play and fairly reasonable a very challenging course and it is ranked in the top 5 in the state.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 12:10 PM

Greenbrier is a great resort with 3 (I think) good courses, none of them really blow you away except with the great scenery.  Just down the road is the Homestead which has a couple of great courses as well.  It has been a while since I was at these two resorts but a great place with great food, lodging, golf and other activities.  Bring you wallet, these 2 aren't cheap.

• skilly
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 3:23 AM

some great courses here in australia.my best course is in tasmania called barnboogle.36 hole resort right on the northern tip along the ocean.in the top 10 in australia

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 6:05 PM

I live in Fort Worth. The best one here is The Colonial home to Ben Hogan himself. Thats right ladies and gentlemen I live in the city where the famous Ben Hogan lived and called his hometown. The PGA comes here every Apirl to play at The Colonial, in honor of Ben Hogan.  Its truly an honor, you guys should come down here in Apirl I know you'll love it down here.

Heres the link to the course http://crowneplazainvitational.com/default.asp?NodeId=1

• JamesBond
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:19 AM

Heard about Barnbougle Dunes.  When I go down next, I am hoping to try it for myself.  Only seen pictures.  Have you played skilly?

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:51 AM

The Kiawah Island Ocean course is featured this weeks in Golf World magazine.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2010-03/golf-kiawah-russell-0308

• pimser
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 11:52 AM

I step out my house and 10 miles left is the OLD COURSE ST ANDREWS and 10 miles right is CARNOUSTIE LINKS. Doesn't get much better than that !!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 1:45 PM
    Having been over to Scotland and played, I think that where you are is great. Carnoustie is the best course in Scotland, St. Andrews not that great but history. I have to go with the west coast combo of Turnberry and Troon.
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 3:13 PM

... and I have to go with the west coast quad of Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines, Bandon Dunes and Chambers Bay.

:)

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:17 AM
    I dont think you can call those a resort since they are so far apart.
RSS