Forums

Help › Forums

St Andrews Hole 2 - Help

Mon, Apr 22 2019 9:20 AM (24 replies)
  • JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:13 PM

I watched your replays, hogg105. You've played some nice shots. I especially like the flop shot. You are obviously a fan of St Andrews.

• hogg105
    10 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:26 PM

Hi, again Jason,I hope some of these shots helped.Yes I play that  course most of the time as Ionly play for my own amusement,Iplay very little competitve games these days.lol

JasonNumber100:

I watched your replays, hogg105. You've played some nice shots. I especially like the flop shot. You are obviously a fan of St Andrews.

JasonNumber100:

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:41 PM

I've had three eagles there...two front pin, one back. Two are saved in my replays and both explain the how to.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 9:07 PM

I treat the 2nd as a Par...  anything better is a bonus.

2 on, 2 putts.... if you stop in the same spot, then you get to know the roll on green and know how hard to hit it... Maybe work on this Idea.  

The 2nd,4th and 8th are par holes... the rest are birdies on the Front9....  that's my plan..lol Birds on one or more of those holes, then a good score comes in

-Roger

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:07 AM

Here i hit a tad left of ding and a tiny fraction of power off my 9 iron.

I'd settle for this most times.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:39 AM

mantis0014:

2 on, 2 putts.... if you stop in the same spot, then you get to know the roll on green and know how hard to hit it... Maybe work on this Idea.  

Sound advice Roger. With the left pin I often run through 4-5 yards unless I come in with a 9i or less. But from directly behind it is a very makeable putt. Right or back pin is harder and main goal is to ensure you clear the ridge and preferably right.

I just played 18 - 6 birdies on the way out - I missed birds on 3, 5 (drove into fescue) and 9 (3 and 9 were missed ding putts). Way in I didn't make a bird but hit every green and never over 20 feet from the pin,  - one of those days where hitting the ding is a long lost memory. No conspiracy theory - it was just me lol.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 3:04 AM

All very good advice but as my friend Victor Van Meer demonstrates here, there is only ONE way to approach this hole,WITH STYLE.  Cameras 2 and 4 for maximum awesomeness -

replay.aspx?ID=ddc1183d bc23 4980 83dc a248014768db

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 3:04 AM

Slam dunk

Sorry showing off, this pin placement, ideally try and hit short and let it roll down to the flag

One bounce

And this one, i prefer to hit right of the pin as your playing it, leaving you an uphill putt, but on either of these pin placements i'm happy to leave this hole with a par, a bird is a bonus!!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 3:29 AM

John, that showed a putt from RSG, a mistake maybe!!

oneeyedjohn:

Here i hit a tad left of ding and a tiny fraction of power off my 9 iron.

I'd settle for this most times.

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:21 AM

That is one freaky shot, Paul. Is he a magician?

You are just showing off, andwhy lol. What accuracy to go straight in. The one bounce is also spot on.

Thanks, guys. It's good to see how it should be played.

RSS