Forums

Help › Forums

Too FUNNY!

Wed, Dec 22 2010 1:59 PM (48 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:46 PM

So I travel (hence the post in golf travels) over to YouTube and find this...ROFL

"Stay with me now."

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:53 PM

God bless you, Yancyman... you are truly one of a kind  (We hope.)

=)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 5:52 AM

Wow, rofl.  That was some great stuff.  "Stay with me now"

CHeers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:18 AM

That is friggin hysterical. 

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:36 AM

I love the way he says one-fity

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:46 AM

???, I'm speechless. He sounded like Carl Spackler when the ball almost went in. I wonder what he would charge for his meter scale, and does it go against WGT's TOS?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:21 AM

This is pretty much what I do, but I use a clear ruler and a calculator.

On a serious note, his putt went too far.  Although his "yancymeter" is in the correct position for drives, irons, and chips, the power meter moves to the right slightly for putts, so you have to play pretend a little: 50% on the meter is actually at 47.5% on his ruler, and 50% on the ruler actually corresponds to about 52.5% on the meter... so when he shot it "a little over 50%," he was actually shooting it 54-55%.  On top of that, on a fast green, a 22 ft putt (which is a pretty accurate adjustment for the 6 inches downhill) should only be hit about 21.5 ft, which would be about 45.5% on his putter.  The fact that "fast" greens make the ball go slightly further than what the power meter reads (which is why the 22 ft putt should only be hit 21-21.5 ft) is something that he will likely pick up on within a week or so.

On a less serious note, the video was hilarious... lol... and what's with all the crazy markings?  Why 95% and not 90%?  Why 62% and not 66.6%?  ...lol... crazy man!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:25 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    a 22 ft putt (which is a pretty accurate adjustment for the 6 inches downhill) should only be hit about 21-21.5 ft,

Oiy!  Never up, never in. Hit it 24 feet plus he obviously uses the miss method which tends to skew the yardage, sometimes giving it more.

LOL-I thought of Bill Murray when he was talking.  "It's in the hole!"

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:25 AM

LMAO! 

Thanks for the laugh this morning Boffman!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:28 AM

YankeeJim:

CharlemagneRH:
    a 22 ft putt (which is a pretty accurate adjustment for the 6 inches downhill) should only be hit about 21-21.5 ft,

Oiy!  Never up, never in. Hit it 24 feet plus he obviously uses the miss method which tends to skew the yardage, sometimes giving it more.

LOL-I thought of Bill Murray when he was talking.  "It's in the hole![

On a fast green, a putt hit with 21.5 ft worth of power on the power meter will actually go about 22.6 ft.  On a very fast green, that exact same power -- 21.5 ft on the meter -- would make the ball travel over 25 ft on the green.  He failed to make two small adjustments: realizing that the meter for putting is not lined up with the meter for iron shots and drives, and not slowing down his putt slightly to compensate for being on a fast green.  Those two put together made his putt go too far, causing it to lip out.  Those two adjustments are extremely easy to make once you know that you need to make them, but he hasn't noticed that yet, since he's new to the ruler.

Again, you're right that you want to hit it .5-1.0 ft past the hole, but due to the speed of the green, a 21.5 ft (i.e. 48%) shot, which would have actually been at about 45.5% on his meter, was where he wanted to stop his power meter at.

RSS