Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 10:12 AM

pdb1:

Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter (L96+) 4.5 meter speed

to the

NIKE Method 001 Putter (L94+) 5.0 meter speed 

I am having trouble with the 10 , 20 , 50 meters . The increments for each meter don't seem to be accurate . And the ball speed seems to be much slower . I know the meter speed is .5 slower . But I didn't think that effects ball speed .
      I now find out that the L 101 Nike has the 15 , 30 , 60 meters . That won't help me now  . By the time I get to L 101 . I'll probably figure this one out . 

Meter should not affect ball speed, but I find greens on different courses not all the same, ie Merion seems slower than most.

Maybe try a cheap old Ghost, worked pretty good for DJ :)

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 3:58 PM

playing the highest level nike and am having more issues making putts these days than I ever had with the L96

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:23 AM

i find its cause wen u use lower meter like the 10 from the 20 n hit would should be 3ft on both the lower one is always u gotta hit bit harder not sure y but its the way it is

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:43 AM

johnny be quiet..

what do u know??????????

pfft..

u hack:))))

xxxxxkissxxxx

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 6:44 PM

Much as I love the Nike woods and irons, sounds like a vote for the Versa. With which I agree.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:25 AM

pdb1:

The ball travels at a slower rate anywhere within the 10 meter  then it does with the 15 meter . I don't know why . But it appears that way to me . 

It isn't just you who thinks this.  I actually bought the original Method when it came out, it was new and shiny and the guy in the pro shop threw in an old sock to cover the head.  He told me it (the sock that is) had belonged to Bobby Jones but I'm not sure about that, smelt more like Walter Hagen to me.

Anyway, the 10 foot scale on that thing was totally dead.  Compared to the Ghost Spider I'd been using it seemed like the putter face had half an inch of soft rubber glued to it.  Nearly every single putt I hit with that scale came up short.  Not that there were many, the pro shop guy got it shoved where the sun don't shine after a very short time.

I believe he tried to sell it to another customer as once belonging to Bill Clinton.

RSS