Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2016 4:28 PM

Drdave72:

Tigerpaw509:

Someone here was Legend with Avg 61 after only 16 ranked games in their 2nd week,explain that Lucy

I have also seen players who use to play on Facebook, transition over to WGT site. They have to go through WGT to get approved and the only things that transfer are: teir, level,equipment and I believe average. Playing stats do not transfer over.

True but I ask this player if he came over from facebook and said no.

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 11:44 AM

goldeena:

any chance of testing the level 96 Versa just to see how Tweety Pie fared with her predictions?

It's on page 7 of "putter precision tests" sticky thread, it looks like the best performing putter in the tests (LR and distance).

goldeena:

I just bought the level 77 Nike out of worry about how the Max fared in those tests -

How did you like the Nike?

• Troegenator
    16 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 2:42 PM

I'm glad to see my lovely Daytona did so well! Thanks for the testing, this confirms my plans to keep it in my bag for the long haul!

bhoese:

Here are the new results for the L55 Daytona.  

L55 Daytona

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 9:41 AM

One thing I don't see on the putter tests is slope putting. I've watched a few top level players playing on faster greens than I'm used to but I keep thinking they're not giving it enough break..then in it pops.

I thought it was because they were giving extra power to putt through the break but when they miss it doesn't go much further past the hole than I do.

I think there must be a component to the better Putters which flattens out, so to speak, the break.

Anyone noticed this, or is it just my imagination. I don't have the level to test this myself.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 2:16 PM

pdb1:

Jimac55:
    I thought it was because they were giving extra power to putt through the break but when they miss it doesn't go much further past the hole than I do.

Right .

Jimac55:
    I think there must be a component to the better Putters which flattens out, so to speak, the break.

Nope .

Jimac55:
    it just my imagination

Yep . 

But when you figure it out . Please post it here . 

Thanx . 

Actually I realised I had the beginner putter and did a few tests with this against my Daytona.

It looks like your probably right. The main difference I saw was in the consistancy. Daytona putts were nicely grouped. The beginner putts were much more random looking and were both higher and lower on the slope.

Saying that though, I'd say the mean of the beginner putts were lower down the slope than the Daytona mean. It was a very small sample though..lol..I got bored..Kudos to the guys who persist in these tests and give us all this useful info.

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 9:19 AM

But wherez the irons ?   Kind irrelevant since I'm stickin w/ my v-forged which are no longer available...

Would like to see a comparison of the Ghost-spiders the...lvl 35 seems more accurate than the higher level...and thanks for all your work guys !

RSS