Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:09 PM

To paraphrase Samuel Clemens...aka Mark Twain..."A nice walk, spoiled by bad arithmetic"

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:43 PM

Maybe Miantiao is a mobile only player. There are no avatar movements or increments in the mobile game. It is one smooth stroke. Many avatar movement putters have trouble when they try the mobile game for this reason.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 4:17 AM

pdb1:

DonCaron:
    I do it by the ticks of the backswing. 

Finally 2 confirmations .

Yes Avatar putter movements . if you will . Or ticks of the backswing .

Actual miniscule movements of the head of the putter .

On the previous pages i have charted the exact increments ., Actually just copied from other players for years . Some i calculated for my own charts . But nonetheless . As valid as any other method .

I mapped out my putter on each tick of the backswing, and on each scale and green speed.

When I started, they didn't have PP (Free to Clubs) and this worked. I didn't want to buy it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:30 AM

We have our marks on the Pal's

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:45 PM

pdb1:

I use both. A combination of familiarity with the putter ticks and putter pal. I get very close within an inch either long short left or right.

Me too. But if you are  mobile only player you don’t have the avatar movements to go by. The swing on mobile is one continuous stroke. So Putter Pal is the method they almost have to use.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 4:19 AM

11BC2:

He's talking about Avatar putter increments.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Avatar putter increment?

In any case, in order for a player to attain some distance consistency it is necessary to use Putter Pal and play varying green speeds.

No I'm not a mobile player. Not a fan of the mobile platform.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 4:49 AM

pdb1:

11BC2:

Miantiao:
    It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use

DonCaron:
    I do it by the ticks of the backswing. 

Finally 2 confirmations .

Yes Avatar putter movements . if you will . Or ticks of the backswing .

Actual miniscule movements of the head of the putter .

On the previous pages i have charted the exact increments ., Actually just copied from other players for years . Some i calculated for my own charts . But nonetheless . As valid as any other method .

Ok, just discovered what an "Avatar Increment" is. My apologies for being somewhat rude.

Thing is, those increments won't be as accurate as Putter Pal where a player can putt  an exact distance required, particularly if a player mostly putts from the first quarter of the meter with longer distance scale selection. One foot heavy or light can make a big difference to ball roll on slopes, sending the ball under or above the hole from putting the correct line.

I suggest you convert to using Putter Pal. You'll notice a big difference in your putting by choosing the correct weight for line.As a result you'll begin to internalise correct lines for  green speed/distance matrix resulting in greater consistency.

The most difficult aspect of putting is choosing the correct line for varying green speeds - the time it takes for a putt to roll to the cup according to elevation and slope for any given green speed.

A player that plays Bracket and ReadyGo will adapt far more quickly than a player only playing his or her tier level green speed. 

Cheers

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:28 AM

pdb1:

I use both. A combination of familiarity with the putter ticks and putter pal. I get very close within an inch either long short left or right.

An inch, Very accurate but to leave it an inch short now that gonna leave a mark, What's wrong with being 3 Ft past the hole

RSS