skip nav

Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:23 AM by pdb1. 201 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:44 AM
    Miantiao:
    Putter pal and shot pal all have 10 increments, no matter which putter or club. 10% per increment. 15ft putt I'll hit the first increment of 150ft meter, but an 18 ft putt I'll hit 30% of 60ft meter. These are distances hit, not distances to the cup..
    The first putter increment w / 150' meter = 16.6 ' .....................................w / 100' meter = 14.2' ......................Some prefer watching and putting by these increments . Using the 50' meter . Shots under 50 ' can hit using 10' per increment on the putter and the meter as well . Very accurate .
    Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:45 AM
    We're talking about the increments on the putter swing for individual putters.
    Digg
    Delicious
  • derekortt United States
    656 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:52 PM

can we run the test with the high level sabretooth? I've noticed a few more putts jump off line than they should

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:21 AM

To run that test . You have to be able to repeatedly hit the ding dozens of times in a row . From different distances . 

The results would be that the putter is damn good . It is the user that isn't perfect . We are human . And cannot repeat accurately or often enough to blame a putter for missed shot . 

The guys that ran those tests are some kind hybrid Andriod that were made with the same formulas that the VEM was made from . If you look closely and magnified , you can see their model #'s stamped on their Avatars . 

If you don't believe me . Message VEM9000 . and ask him . 

Paul

Digg
    Delicious
  • Miantiao Australia
    318 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:35 PM

pdb1:
    Miantiao:
    Putter pal and shot pal all have 10 increments, no matter which putter or club. 10% per increment. 15ft putt I'll hit the first increment of 150ft meter, but an 18 ft putt I'll hit 30% of 60ft meter. These are distances hit, not distances to the cup..
    The first putter increment w / 150' meter = 16.6 ' .....................................w / 100' meter = 14.2' ......................Some prefer watching and putting by these increments . Using the 50' meter . Shots under 50 ' can hit using 10' per increment on the putter and the meter as well . Very accurate .

There are ten even increments for each scale. As such, each increment equals 10% of the chosen scale. 10% of 150 equals 15, and 10% of 15 equals 1.5.

Look mate, all that you have posted regarding increments is garbage and only serves to mislead others. 

I'll let my putting stats speak for themselves. How are yours?

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 1:32 PM

Miantiao:
    Look mate, all that you have posted regarding increments is garbage and only serves to mislead others. 

I am sorry you are not understanding the method or the types of increments I am referring to .

Let me explain it .

As you draw your putter back . You will see it jerk slightly . This will happen in precise and equal increments for the entire swing or meter length .

Each type of putter has a different count of increments . Each increment has a distance equal in each increment .

It is the putter swing that has the increments I am talking about . A different method than you are talking about .

Many WGTers use this method to measure how far the ball is going to travel . because it is so precise . And tried and tested .

It is obvious that you have not been aware of this method . I have not mislead anyone . And only mean to inform . I usually have my facts in order .

But have been wrong many times . Not this time though .

Paul

Miantiao:
    How are yours?

Mine are so terrible . it is embarrassing . I am no longer playing anyway .

Digg
    Delicious
  • Miantiao Australia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 1:39 PM

pdb1:

Miantiao:

I am sorry you are not understanding the method or the types of increments I am referring to .

Let me explain it .

As you draw your putter back . You will see it jerk slightly . This will happen in precise and equal increments for the entire swing or meter length .

Each type of putter has a different count of increments . Each increment has a distance equal in each increment .

It is the putter swing that has the increments I am talking about . A different method than you are talking about .

Many WGTers use this method to measure how far the ball is going to travel . because it is so precise . And tried and tested .

It is obvious that you have not been aware of this method . I have not mislead anyone . And only mean to inform . I usually have my facts in order .

But have been wrong many times . Not this time though .

Paul

It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use.

Digg
    Delicious
  • 11BC2 United States
    555 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:54 PM

Miantiao:
    It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use.
    He's talking about Avatar putter increments.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DonCaron United States
    3,841 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:56 PM

I do it by the ticks of the backswing.  That was how I was taught on the forums 5 years ago and works good.

Now if I could only putt, I would be a Champion

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,077 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:03 PM

11BC2:

Miantiao:
    It appears you are describing the level of forgiveness, not distance increments. Putter Pal uses 10 increments, regardless of which putter you use

He's talking about Avatar putter increments.

DonCaron:
    I do it by the ticks of the backswing. 

Finally 2 confirmations .

Yes Avatar putter movements . if you will . Or ticks of the backswing .

Actual miniscule movements of the head of the putter .

On the previous pages i have charted the exact increments ., Actually just copied from other players for years . Some i calculated for my own charts . But nonetheless . As valid as any other method .

Digg
    Delicious
RSS