Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 10:33 AM

pdb1:
    Now I have to decide if I want to go back to versa and get the sabertooth .

I have the Sabertooth and it is the best putter I have had. But there is a new option now the new Red Spider putter. Almost as good as the Sabertooth

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 1:34 PM

Played with several putters and I have to admit this is the best one I have had. It holds the line very well

• DAputts
    1,782 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 9:41 AM

I love the Sabretooth.  But I'm having an issue with distance control.  I only use the 30 foot scale and go by the putter movement. There are 5 movements and I have mapped these out on the practice green, first movement is 8 to 8 1/2 at 20% of putter pal.  The problem is that some of my shorter putts are stopping short.  Example.. yesterday during a alt shot game I had a putt of 4.4 1 up, I think, with no extra elevation past the hole. I used the 30 ft scale at 20% and it was short by 3 inches.  Happened twice at almost same distance.  Can't figure it out.  Anyone else having this problem.... Help....

• DAputts
    1,782 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 1:59 PM

pdb1:
    They are exactly 6 ft increments . 

Not what I found when I was on the practice green mapping my Sabretooth. At the easy green, champ speed and the first movement (20% on pp) the ball rolls 8.4 feet.  Second movement (40 % on pp) 19 feet and so on.  I hit 12 putts at each increment, only counted dings, and then averaged them to get my numbers. 

Thanks for the response but I like to actually hit the ball at the different increments to see just how far they roll.  I use to use St Andy's #1 easy flag and from the left of the green you have a nice level area...

Dave

• DAputts
    1,782 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 3:30 PM

Went to the practice green and tried Standard speed greens...Yes they all came out to 6' increments.  My question was if I hit 20% on Putterpal and it goes 8.4 feet, why would it stop short on a 4.4 1 up putt...when I hit the 20% power mark.  Maybe I'm just not seeing it Paul.  If we have the same putter what is different.... Thanks for trying...

edit : I miss read one of your posts...Thought you had the Sabretooth already....

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2017 3:31 AM
    Putter pal and shot pal all have 10 increments, no matter which putter or club. 10% per increment. 15ft putt I'll hit the first increment of 150ft meter, but an 18 ft putt I'll hit 30% of 60ft meter. These are distances hit, not distances to the cup..
RSS