Forums

Help › Forums

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:09 AM (211 replies)
  • 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2015 3:47 PM

This is my 1st, last, and only account.  At least your manner wasn't douchery (being serious, ty) ;).

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/325488.aspx?PageIndex=3

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2015 5:23 PM

HMMMMM. 3 months  and that avg and Legend. We have another wonder in our mist.

No offence but you have to wonder this game is not what you would call easy to master

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2015 5:25 PM

Since you've obviously missed it, again!!!!!!  ;)  And I haven't mastered anything.  Imo I have HUGE amounts to learn and I'm no where near happy with my shots or game as a whole.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/325488.aspx?PageIndex=3

Edit:  WTH Wood??  You used to be on my Flist and I know we've played together and I'm pretty sure I went out of my way to help you learn some stuff I picked up on the forums.  You know, there is literally an ARSENAL of information that's out there.  Type in Aim, Club Mappings, Pitching, Putting, etc and it's all right there for everyone.

There's stuff out there like KATS Approach Wind Calculator, SwingMate, PinHunters (website), etc, etc.  Once again, simply type some searches or have friends help you out.  JoshNosh was kind enough to show/introduce me to KATS calculator, which I'm in love with now.

Tekoma single Vertext, double Vertex, Triple Vertex and JC Flow % Putting techniques are right here on our very forum!  Lets not even get started about club mapping.  How effin' hard is it to pick some random, flat, windless course, and or Green for that matter and map all your clubs??

Grab a 64W with full B/s and map some pitches.  50% = 6Y.  54% = 7Y.  58% = 8Y.  63% = 9Y.  68% = 10Y.  73% = 11Y.  78% = 12Y, Etc etc etc.  Do the same thing with every distance pitch shot (64,60,56w's).  Repeat that process again for  the 20, 29, and 38 flops. 

Repeat that process again (64,60,56w's) for every single Punch shot.  Repeat this again with every single Full shot (PW-Driver).  Mark and note variation in landing spots and roll out with different increments of spin applied.  Make an Excel or hand written sheet of all this information (to include mappings of Putting speeds Stimp 11, 12, 13, etc).

Take notes on every single shot you ever take!! It's not hard and only takes a few seconds!  Note which Courses and Holes have different yardages than indicated.  So far I've done a rather poor job at this because it takes quite a bit of time to get things exact.  I'm ok on BPB, Congressiona, and Pinehurst but all other courses I have very little idea.

Additionally take notes (yet again, it's a theme!!) on every single putt you take.  This helps make future putts automatic or at the very least give you a general idea so you can figure out the correct flow% or vertex next time.  Writing down a simple note only takes 5-10 seconds.  Do it after your shot.  It's painless.  The rest of the mapping/etc, can take a few hours to figure out and get right but after that, it makes hitting shots close much easier.

"Prodigy" eh?  I think not.  I don't have the time nor desire for that (I've only leveled so fast due to XP loophole).  I work 6-7 days a week right now (although 2 off this week! yay).  To be fair, when I'm not working I do spend 2/3+ hours a day on this game for now.  I'm a tad OCD ^ and my poor play is pissing me off.  I expect to hit every approach 2Y under and sink every single putt and get a little angry when I don't.  As you can expect I'm angry quite often lol!!  ;)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2015 7:31 PM

LoL.  You suck^.  

I made GM Zerg in only 2 months of playing SC2 several years ago.  What do I get for that?  Matter of fact, I think I had the most consecutive weeks at 1st place in Golden Tee when I was stationed at Schofield.  Where can I get my cookie?

Edit:  LoL.  I came in first place several times in Ping Pong tournaments too.  Yuki Butterfly paddles are the shiznit ^^.

• PunkbusterMan
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 8:22 AM

Nice job .. very interesant

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 11:14 AM

In defense of 11BC2 I have seen his development while learning this game.  He has asked many questions and paid attention to answers.  He has used the info available in the forum to improve his game.

He probably has great reflexes and some people have a knack for this type of game.  He may be a natural, but most important he worked hard at improving.  

I remember his first few posts about buying new clubs and trying to keep his swing meters all the same.  And then finding out a 3.5 driver was different than 3.5 irons as far as how the swing meter moved.  So be careful about making charges you can't back up.  

And to 11BC2 if you are still readding this series of post, I say well done.  You've worked very hard to reach Legend tier.  Best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

phred952

2,111 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:56 PM

Simply putt!  This is a thing, which effects many, if not all of us, as "VME"!  Variable Mapping Element, which is random logarithm, that is quite purposely included and intended by WGT to make for a more (REALISTIC) experience?

Bottom line is, simply this!  It is like the name implies a random type of thing and is changed from time-to-time without notice, so get over it and learn to adapt quickly!!!

Phil  aka., Coyote

2,111 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:57 PM

Simply putt!  This is a thing, which effects many, if not all of us, as "VME"!  Variable Mapping Element, which is random logarithm, that is quite purposely included and intended by WGT to make for a more (REALISTIC) experience?

Bottom line is, simply this!  It is like the name implies a random type of thing and is changed from time-to-time without notice, so get over it and learn to adapt quickly!!!

Phil  aka., Coyote

RSS