Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:41 AM

i'm in ...

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:56 PM

MatildaIgaly:

Signed up and looking forward to another great uneven tourney :)

Thanks for joining the party Mati. :)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:01 PM

filmslayer:

i'm in ...

Thanks for signing up FS. Spread the word in your CC if you possibly can especially for the Master Tier and lower players. There's a set of irons up for grabs to the lowest scorer in Master Tier and lower.  Corwyn and I really would like to see a bunch of players closer to the beginning of their WGT careers give this a try. Getting a start on playing UL as early as possible would be the best thing for any player.

Boy I can't wait to bend 'em up.  :)

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:26 AM

OK ya'll two, you both know I like the concept of this format, I'm in! 

Thx for the time it takes both of you to do this Tourney!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:38 AM

togemag:

OK ya'll two, you both know I like the concept of this format, I'm in! 

Thx for the time it takes both of you to do this Tourney!

I hope you're doing well and it's great to hear from you.  Thanks for supporting the Tourney and knocking it around. :)

~CD~

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:50 AM

*Just a note to anyone who's signed up or thinking about it.*

I'd love to hear from folks who've been practicing any of the setups and what they think or have scored. I've given Oakmont 2 runs and shot +3 and Even Par. I found the setup pretty good with the combo of the higher wind and the Very Fast green speeds. I went and tried Olympic because it was me who chose the setup. WOW!!! Tourney Speed greens combined with the starter gear on uphill shots can be extremely tricky. I got around in +4 and felt I played pretty good. How the heck Hans could shoot par or better on any course we threw at him is really stunning to me. He gave me an absolute thrashing on Olympic once using our regular clubs and told me he used draw and fade to straighten out the shots off the side hill lies. I've yet to figure out how he calculated the distance loss from the lies and hit it so close to the pins. Anyway, I'd love to hear some tales of practice rounds.

~CD~

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:58 PM

Practice -  Oakmont,yes done a little here, 9 random 3's, the front  nine 3 times, and once round the back nine.

So far I have 3 holes that are unreachable in regulation. Didn't find any bad lies on fairways, so it is just a case of not making mistakes on the approach shots.

Level par for 18 will be as much as I can hope for, but I doubt it.

No 3 putts so far.

• deedles77
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:01 PM

i played Oaky-Dokey three times 2 ,37's and a 38 tough way to play 

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:33 PM

To be honest I've never played a single uneven lie round on any course or in any condition, but I just might give this tourney a try.  Sometime this weekend I'll give this thread a full read through to make sure I understand all the rules and screen shot requirements and I'll get back to you if I have any queries.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:37 AM

Hi Inigo,

Great to see you considering it! This tourney is an opportunity for us all to learn, and coming in with a positive attitude is half the battle with unevens. 

Here are a couple of helpful threads that can get you started with the grand adventure that is Uneven Lies, and learning them with starter clubs, and especially, starter balls, is definitely our recommended approach...

Uneven Lie tutorial

Uneven lies...

Cheers, Corwyn

P.S. We are now at 25 participants signed up! That's wonderful. Here are the players signed up so far:

Corwyn, CerinoDevoti, bhoese, Kurtsbuford, oneeyedjohn, ColumbusStorm, hyena64, Timbo1984, Legaci, Dazza501, GEHL13, hobbe95, Macduff10, gsprink, seemorehair, deedles77, MatildaIgaly, filmslayer, GolfingJMan, LOLserver, bfghd, Geagle1, togemag, wesdogg75, Jlucky3333

No word yet from defending champion Hans though... :( [I have sent a message to the email address he left]

RSS