Help › Forums

WHY SO HARD

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 28 2019 2:40 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:27 PM

Why is it so much trouble to find a Match Play Challenge game now. Everyone quit playing them or something.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:35 PM

My guess is that some of the decline in entries may be due to all the recent discussions regarding cheating, sandbagging, and such.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:57 PM

Still, I don't understand why sandbagging is a problem for people. I love playing those guys. They always bet a bunch and even though they play from pro tees they're  still only gonna shoot a 30 at best. If that's what they need to do to help them sleep then so be it. Bringem on I say.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:14 PM

touche'

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 10:26 AM

jasondement:
    I love playing those guys. They always bet a bunch and even though they play from pro tees they're  still only gonna shoot a 30 at best
       the problem is, they are not going to play someone like you,   they will play someone like me , thinking it is a fair match up, and wham I get spanked.  That is the problem with sandbagging  it does not effect the elite,  just the middle of the road player trying to get a good game.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:06 PM

wizbang360:
       the problem is, they are not going to play someone like you,   they will play someone like me

Well, I have a solution. All the higher end masters need to fabricate a false high average and target those guys. Beat them at their own game. If enough of the good players did this there would be no cause to their madness cuz they would go broke. But who am I kidding a cheat will find a way most of the time.

Maybe wgt should put the last 10 scores a player shoots under his name in the MPC room.

EXAMPLE:

John Doe                           PRO

30,30,50,31,44,45,30,49,32,40=72.2 average

Then a person could make their own choice face to face with the bagger whether to play them or not. Makes it impossible to hide as well. WGT doesn't have to make it illegal to sandbag, just make it obvious who is doing it without having to search the profiles. If you do it like this it make those "fluffy" people easy to spot.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:35 PM

i never get a response with this suggestion, but can we please just get some more match play stats.  Give me birdie per hole, and it will become so fricken obvious who is bagging.  jason your example, guy shoots 30.  Thats usually 6 birds per 9 holes.  thats .66 birds per hole.  You win in 7 holes, it still calculates.  a guy averaging 68 (-4) should be averaging (averaging) no more then 4 or 5 birds per round.

The beauty is it is just counting birds and holes played in match play, thats it.  keep that stat rolling for a unknown time set by wgt, every 5 matches, every 10 matches, etc, and it should be painfully obvious who to avoid.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:46 PM

That works too neil. My average was based on an obvious bagger with low and high scores just to keep his pro ranking. But yes I agree those stats should be kept in MP. As it is now the only stat we have is, win/loss. If you go by that I pretty much suck against master players in my stats, but the masters I play are of high caliber usually. It would definitely help to know how many birdies a player has in MP rounds. The showing of the scores just lets it be known.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:53 PM

Check out some of those Masters in the "Community Spotlight", it's so obvious they sandbag and only post their best scores. Some have a 56 average, and I know Bollox and the other true top players would smoke them. Just look at their putting percentages (the community spotlight players), it tells the whole story. Sure they can shoot a 27, or 28 from time to time, but that's the only scores their posting.

Something needs to be implemented to expose these clowns and their false abilities in the game  : )

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 1:04 PM

Richard4168:

Check out some of those Masters in the "Community Spotlight", it's so obvious they sandbag and only post their best scores. 

Ive often wondered the same thing Richard. I'm one of those guys that can post a 57 or a 27 in a ready go now and then. But more often than not its gonna be 60-65 or 29-33. If its worse than that I usually drop the game and let someone else have the credits. But like you said its hard to believe that many people average that low. A little over a year ago there was under 10 people that low consistently. But then again the site has grown a bunch since then.

• PAGES
RSS