Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:01 PM

Excuse me if im wrong Richard but in the opening statement wgtalex said she was wanting our responses to this,is this not what people are doing?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:07 PM

Get ready all you fisherman out there, big can of worms heading our way. Wgt needs to be very careful when changing anything that has to do with tiers. I applaud this in theory, but remember cheaters and sandbaggers are always going to find a way to do their thing. JB

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:09 PM

geordieles:
    is this not what people are doing?

Running the idea in the ground? Yes, some are. There is no way to combat scum-bag quitters, and cheaters. This is an idea for the people who appreciate the game, and play by the rules, period.

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:20 PM

i would love to respond but i have to get back to work so i can afford a new 25$ driver and 3$ a sleeve gi5 balls to slow it down..thanks

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:32 PM

The average scoring system has never come close to working for many reasons. 9 holes doubled up, sandbagging opportunities, trapdoor tier advancement, etc..

It needs to be a lot more complex to be a fairer playing ground (and maybe confuse the simpler minded `bagger :) ) and advancement will not come as a shock to the innocent who plays the same easiest 9 holes without knowing the pitfalls underfoot.

Counting only tournament scores doesn`t address the "unlimited" tourney issue. Does only the best score count, thereby closing out the `bagger, but boosting the noob who has tenaciously worked for that one good win? How much would an "unlimited" score be weighted towards the average? And so on.

As for the equipment, if it is not tier regulated, then it could be "tee box" regulated. For example, if a pro with master club/balls wants to use them, then it`ll be from further back. This would only be enforced for tournament and ranked rounds (including match play). These rounds also need to be weighted separately for fairness to deter sandbagging.

Another possibility is to have different averages applied to the different modes of play. I`m already getting confused with this :). Just my two cents

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:52 PM

This is going to renew the excitement for me. I'm looking forward to applying myself again and trying to make the top tier. 

"We also plan to introduce new Experience Levels that will be based on actions you perform on WGT such as completing rounds, hitting shots and interacting with other players."

Would this be a separate ranking/stat or does it factor into the overall ranking?

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:12 PM

lvietri:

Alex .. i agree with you ... a player who places well in RG's will see their avg drop ... IF and only IF .. averages are based on tournament play.   Has any thought been given to making averages only count from tournament play and not regular "ranked rounds" ???   I'm sure there are a lot of +'s and -'s to this .. but it might prevent those 90 for 9 hole and 180 for 18 hole scores from counting in averages.

I agree 100% it work's for bowling it will work here

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:44 PM

My sentiments exactly Jim.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:57 PM

Richard4168:
    ...you WGTLS people...

I beg your ****ing pardon.  Where do you get off making a reference like that?

A WGTLS person.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 3:13 PM

WGTalex:

@alacowboy: Yes, the plan is to have Legends tee off from the championship tees.

@king: The exact release date has not been nailed down, but should be within the next 30-60 days.

But what about Tour Pro vs Pro? Will the Tour Pro have new tee positions further back?

Edit:

If a Legend enters a multi-play round, will he/she bring those lightning fast Championship green speeds to the game?

RSS