Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:41 AM

How can you say this?

Iceats:
    There are a number of players who, by design, do not want to reach master.  They are much better playing at the pro level and in fact do not enter into ranked rounds so their average stays high. 

Then say this?

Iceats:
    Leave getting the better equipment as a reward for obaining the appropriate tier.  Otherwise, what is the benefit for reaching the next tier.  This change will encourage people to not try and improve their game, why would they ?.

It doesn't make sense. To bad for those members who want to sandbag and are afraid of becoming a Master. The game isn't designed for that kind of mischief. If they want to remain at the same level and not advance to obtain better gear, then that's on them. This idea has been a long time coming, and as usual, you WGTLS people don't like it. I'm full aware of all of your examples you wish to share with WGT too. If your unable to see how this new tier and level performance system will somewhat subside quitting and sandbagging, your agenda supersedes your cause. WGT has introduced a cure to many problems with this new system, not the other way around.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:42 AM

WGTalex:

By adding another reward system, we hope to give people more insight into a player’s habits and patterns. This will help you better decide whether to get into match play games with them. A player may decide to inflate their scores, but a look at their level and equipment would give you clues as to whether they are a good match-up for you.

How about ready go's then.  At the moment those are not tiered, sandbagging will be RAMPANT if there is a good incentive to do so.

edit- majorly ninja'd by lee, busy doing a MPC :)

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:42 AM

I welcome the changes:

I think the idea of more tiers is a good one, and will make for better competition within each tier. This is the best part of the update, imho (I am presuming that there will be competitions that are tier-dependant, i.e. in some competitions, masters will only be competing against masters, tour master against tour masters, etc).

The new aspect of Levels could be really good, depending on how they work in combination with the new Tier system; if they are thought-out how I think they might be, there will be some aspect of them that will discourage sandbagging, at least that is my hope. If this is the case, it will reduce any advantage others here have pointed out; that some sandbagging pros would get advantage over masters due to having access to the same equipment but playing from pro tees. I do see that this could be a problem, it depends on what it will take for pros to get the Levels to obtain what is currently master equipment; I would expect that this has been thought of by the development team, though, at least I hope so : ).

I can see that some aspects of the new  Levels will most likely discourage players from disconnecting from multiplayer games; at the least they will give people an idea if how people play their multiplayer games. Almost like a 'reputation' rating that has been discussed before.

It seems like the whole update has been though out carefully, and I reckon they will have quite a lot of depth, and be quite complex in how they operate, adding a lot of new aspects to the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these work out in practice.

Valrec

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:46 AM

Wouldn't it be a good time to replace tiers with a handicap system?

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:48 AM

Could be a good idea always that when you advance to better level could achieve better clubs, balls, etc. With this all player would fight to be better. Good job Alex and good luck in your return to forums.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:52 AM

neildiamond11790:
    but Tour Pro's have access to newer clubs, professional fitting, shafts that are just not available to the public, and they dont have to pay for any of it.

Not so Neil. I can go to my local pro shop and get fitted and tailored to any set clubs on the market, we can do the work our self too like the pros do. It may not be so here, but it's true just the same.

neildiamond11790:
    if I am a Tour Master, playing a Tour Pro, just because they are active in the game they can have the same equipment as me and are teeing off 50 yards ahead of me?  I think we need some further clarity on this.

What's not to understand, everyone starts at zero. If I play more than you then yes, advantage Richard.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:56 AM

Why is that Lee? If you guys are already shooting in the 20's and 50's what bloody difference does it make. Oh and also, you'll be playing against your peers bud! That scare you! I'll tell you what this does, and you and your hardcore gamer pals won't like it, it levels the field, hows that grab you. no longer handed tourneys on a platter upset you? I for one can't wait to see the results of this, kind of like Tiger and his fall from grace isn't it!? I for one still think the top line players here are just that, top line! Really good at this game, but alas, they have an unfair advantage over the so-so players. WGT saw that, and are now trying to fix it. They recognize fair play as an essential part of the game and not the same players constantly beating their opponents by ridiculus scores. This game touts itself as the most realistic game out there, and now it is keeping its word.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:02 PM

Hey BB, what do you care about sandbaggers, you can beat all of them with your fingers tied together! There aint gonna be anymore sandbaggers now than there was before! Deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:06 PM

Does this mean the handicap system on roadmaps is to be scrapped?

• dave1608
    15 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:17 PM

excuse me sir but i thought this was a post to air ur views on a proposed new addition to wgt golf and its ongoing attempts to make this site even better....not a post for you to disrespect a collective of players of whom i have had the pleasure of playing multiple rounds of golf with..so please keep to the topic..RICHARD4168

RSS