Forums

Help › Forums

So...how to detect a slow meter program?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 14 2013 5:15 AM (37 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:19 PM

It's been known, if you switch to "Menu" when your opponent, and even your playing partner in AS, and watch the "menu" options go from "white" to "greyed out", it is the time tahat it takes that player to:

Start and complete the swing...i/e Start back swing and click for the ding.

Normally, say on a drive, should be 2/3 seconds...dialing in a wedge...bit longer...holding back swing to let CPU stabalize...longer...

Okay...so, mu suggestion to WGT was this...

Eff us knowing when a player had started the Back swing,,,...change the "code" that goes from white to greying out the options at start of the back swing ..to only doing the "white to grey to white" again...from release of back swing to "click".

I even suggested if "release of back swing to click" took longer than a predetermined time, make it so meter passes through and no shot could be taken.

This suggestion, could be easily implemented and or monitored via WGT...but seems to not be taken seriously...unsure why...hopefuls this post will be up long enough to gather some steam/support against those using a "meter slow down" thingy and WGT will act accordingly.

Let the good times roll.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:23 PM

MBaggese:

It's been known, if you switch to "Menu" when your opponent, and even your playing partner in AS, and watch the "menu" options go from "white" to "greyed out", it is the time tahat it takes that player to:

Start and complete the swing...i/e Start back swing and click for the ding.

Normally, say on a drive, should be 2/3 seconds...dialing in a wedge...bit longer...holding back swing to let CPU stabalize...longer...

Okay...so, mu suggestion to WGT was this...

Eff us knowing when a player had started the Back swing,,,...change the "code" that goes from white to greying out the options at start of the back swing ..to only doing the "white to grey to white" again...from release of back swing to "click".

I even suggested if "release of back swing to click" took longer than a predetermined time, make it so meter passes through and no shot could be taken.

This suggestion, could be easily implemented and or monitored via WGT...but seems to not be taken seriously...unsure why...hopefuls this post will be up long enough to gather some steam/support against those using a "meter slow down" thingy and WGT will act accordingly.

Let the good times roll.

Mike....give it a rest mate. They don't give a shite!! Really i don't either anymore. This game is on its way out mate. 

These programs have been around longer than me. Sooooo that should tell you something right there. No??

Not to mention now there are many new cheat programs out for this game. The menu watching doesn't work now mate. lol I read in wgtls forums they are counting the shite now and adjusting so you can not tell.  Who cares really. fffffs

Edit: They tried to stop some crap and deleted zoom and whatnot,,,,and took a average player 10 second to defeat. Sooooo fair to say they are still using the ff and rwd buttons to cheat??  Yeah,,,,lmao!! They don't have any decent programmers mate,,face the facts.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:33 PM

I hear ya G...but would be so easy to kill off one form of a program, that's been linked and advertised for sale (IIRC) on the web.

But hey, mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...especially after a few Coors;)

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:35 PM

MBaggese:

I hear ya G...but would be so easy to kill off one form of a program, that's been linked and advertised for sale (IIRC) on the web.

But hey, mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...especially after a few Coors;)

You really want to know what i think....lol. I think WGT is the ones selling the cheat programs.......put that in your pipe and smoke it. lol

Cheers to the coors..... :)

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:37 PM

I have to agree with Gerald. Detecting and stopping the ding related cheats is so easy the only possible conclusion as to why they don't is they don't give a cuss, or there are more important (to them) cheats around.

I would hope it's the latter and that they are trying to combat the fraud related cheats that may be taking money out of the game i.e. those cheats that change the programme in some way (packet editing and such), but I honestly suspect the true reason is the former. i.e. they don't care.

I used to prattle on about these cheats ad nauseum to no effect apart from to incur the wrath of a lot of the 'regular' posters. Now I don't care, I don't play for credits so they can do what they like.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:40 PM

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:43 PM

Chinajohn:

I have to agree with Gerald. Detecting and stopping the ding related cheats is so easy the only possible conclusion as to why they don't is they don't give a cuss, or there are more important (to them) cheats around.

I would hope it's the latter and that they are trying to combat the fraud related cheats that may be taking money out of the game i.e. those cheats that change the programme in some way (packet editing and such), but I honestly suspect the true reason is the former. i.e. they don't care.

I used to prattle on about these cheats ad nauseum to no effect apart from to incur the wrath of a lot of the 'regular' posters. Now I don't care, I don't play for credits so they can do what they like.

I hear you John,,,i'm telling you i think WGT is the ones selling this crap. Just make to much sense to me. They are making a killing off selling that crap. There are a bunch of new cheats that just came out......hmmm. Yeah!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:43 PM

Fair to say we all agree it is bad when every quack starts actually applying their new found average time per club, to decide if the oppo is cheating, before having them hung drawn and quartered at the local kangaroo court.  Having read all these threads and spoken to people I think the slow meter is the children's version, not responsible for the more sinister stuff going on.

No offense to the OP as I know he not advocating stop watches for all would be vigilantes, but I hope these would be vigilantes consider the folly of a little knowledge.

Also no offense but I agree with Gerald...........

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:45 PM

Jimbog1964:

Fair to say we all agree it is bad when every quack starts actually applying their new found average time per club, to decide if the oppo is cheating, before having them hung drawn and quartered at the local kangaroo court.  Having read all these threads and spoken to people I think the slow meter is the children's version, not responsible for the more sinister stuff going on.

No offense to the OP as I know he not advocating stop watches for all would be vigilantes, but I hope these would be vigilantes consider the folly of a little knowledge.

Also no offense but I agree with Gerald...........

Jim, they have got this slow meter crap down to a science. They are counting the shite now and adjusting it. Soooo,,,if you were counting you could not tell anyway, lol. And.....yes the slower meter crap would be the kid version, lol.

Again, i think WGT is the ones selling it. Got to be!! Makes to much sense to me, because if they are not,,,,why not stopping it? Hmmmm,,,lol.

Edit: I will also say that when a decent golf sim arrives this game will pay dearly for their lack of respect for the players of the game......trust me.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:01 AM

Chinajohn:

In fairness to you John you did and bravely endured a bit.  I think back then (not long lol) all most ever discussed was the auto / slow ding stuff.  For me (and i profer most) we thought that's all it was, and could not see it responsible for so much....................G the cheat's must have been laughing at the likes of me talking about stuff they thought was last used in kindergarten!

EDIT: Posts must have crossed a little.  I posted before Gerald said he thinks WGT may be involved..............I don't know enough or care enough to begin to argue that one.  I seldom touch RGs preferring the odd free comp, but mostly I enjoy this game now for friends in A/S etc where the fun is for me. WGT are at a cross roads to me as RGs etc are all so efed I don't see how it can continue like that, great basic game or not...My view. 

RSS