Help › Forums

The Open.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 21 2013 6:21 PM (83 replies)
  • SteveS915
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 1:44 AM

Anyone but Tiger!

Westwood would be a nice winner. Maybe Mickelson can shoot a 64!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 2:40 AM

Plenty still in with a chance of supping from the claret jug. 

Will Westwood finally get the major he craves after 60+ previous failed attempts?

Tiger to finally win a major when playing 'catch up' on the last day?

Can Adam Scott put last year's final four hole bogey blowout behind him?

All of the above well capable of winning today though I'm going to plump for Hunter Mahan to win his first ever major.

Btw every time I see Snedeker on the tv coverage ex footballer Colin Hendry pops into my head!

Colin Hendry                                                         Brad Snedeker

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 4:12 AM

WigerToods2010:

Btw every time I see Snedeker on the tv coverage ex footballer Colin Hendry pops into my head!

Colin Hendry                                                         Brad Snedeker

That really is uncanny .

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 7:28 AM

Westwood still looking good, Woods slips to 5 behind.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 7:57 AM

here's a song for Westwood as his bottle crashes again on his 62nd time of trying to win a major.

• JayO92
    172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:02 AM

Adam Scott making a charge, too bad he's using an auto-dinger on his putts...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:23 AM

Phil hasn't given up either. I didn't believe him last night when he said he was still in with a chance.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:33 AM

In the unlikely event we ever get Muirfield how about the greens taking spin in the same way? Guess might be difficult with the current average system, and the way many protect that. Something to think about though in the very unlikely event getting the course or a shake up around here.

Anyway yes great Open....Ashes on the radio and flicking from Ashes to Open on teh TV and a beer lol...Great stuff:)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 9:05 AM

Aarrgghh... I've been watching live streaming on ESPN for the last 3 days without a hiccup, and now, with just 5 holes to go, it stopped working. It shows a loading "error code 311" . 

Can anyone suggest an alternative live streaming method? (I don't have a television, so it's online viewing only, and being international, I can't get the direct BBC access online, and the open.com coverage just has the useless @Live waffle).

Frustratedly...

(And btw, Muirfield seems like it would be an outstanding test on WGT with starter clubs and balls, to match the kind of challenge the pros are facing holding these greens. Such a pity we didn't get this course...)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 9:11 AM

http://webfirstrow.eu/watch/196701/2/watch-pga-tour-:-the-open-championship---day-4-.html

looks like everyone still playing are competing for the runner up spot now.

Phil Mc looks set to become the 1st player in history to win Scottish Open & British Open back to back.

Well done.

RSS