Forums

Help › Forums

Missed birdie

Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:36 PM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:03 AM

Hello guys.

I do not think I've ever posted a comment in this thread but what happened to me in the RG played at Whistler (ID 51120), Par #12, has really incredible and I gather this is a real bug. Too bad I missed that birdie would close the tour with a great 29, definitely different from closing in 30.

I have no recrimination, just want to share with you this replay because even the biggest disappointment was that of not being able to lower my AVG score. However, I decided to send a message to the staff in order to have a definite answer on what might have caused this error.

Thank you in advance any experts and moderators of the forum for comments and good Independence Day to all my American friends.

Cheers,
    Davide. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:31 AM

What a putt!

I'd guess that it passed by a hair on the low side - there's a trace shown.

Good news is, it will have lowered your average, alas only in the invisible third decimal.

Assuming that your ave. is saturated or almost saturated, the divisor is up to 500, making changes very small. 1/500 = 0.002, up to four of these may hide in said third decimal. Nevertheless, it's working to your favour behind the scenes.

Have fun!

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:04 AM

wow,,ive seen it all now,,very unlucky davide,,,the thing to remember is,,that like any cpu game,,there all mapped out,,& on the odd occasion,,the photo wont match the game mapping exactly...and your putt here is what happens when there a not alined..

great replay though ....

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:25 PM

I really appreciate your posts guys, thank you both.
    I will share in any case what the WGT staff will answer me.

Cheers,
    David. 

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:07 AM

And that's the final standing for Legend Whistler Back 9 Ready Go.
    Shame on me.

With that missed birdie I could close with a 29 and get on the podium.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:33 AM

it kinda appears that the flag stick prevented that putt from dropping in the replay. still a VNP

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:00 AM

Nope - it's nothing but an appearance :)

Flagsticks are pulled automatically on putts from the green - one thing at least where the caddie is reliable. In replays, the flagstick is not there, too. We only see the virtual image of that virtual item.

Honestly!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:02 AM

Fraenkel:
    However, I decided to send a message to the staff in order to have a definite answer on what might have caused this error.

It wasn't an error, the putt went around the cup. This is one of the drawbacks to the +/- 1" tolerances WGT uses.  :-(

Andyson once pointed out that some holes are not exactly where they appear to be. Looking at where the pin is in the pic, this could be one of those spots as it looks like the pin isn't centered in the cup.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    Andyson once pointed out that some holes are not exactly where they appear to be.

Yups, that seems to be the case here as well.

Most recently expained a few weeks ago in this post.

What makes this replay unique is 3 of the 4 camera views show the ball rolling over the cup.

Whatever happened to that WGT experiment "You have found a ball."??  It was a nice touch by WGT.   Alas, it was short-lived back in August 2011.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:06 AM

Thank you also Jim and Andy.

Just said, shame on me. I thought it could be a possible way but from view 2 on replay but it doesn't seem to me a "long putt". Never mind, thank you all for the good explanation.

David.

RSS