Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats

Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:07 AM (37 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:24 AM

chrisironsbones:
    I've not yet come across any one who has ever been top 20 in any tournament by using a cheat device

+1

I did not come across this game that time ago, but early on I did get "friended" by an unsavoury rip off merchant, I could tell that much having not come down in the last shower. He wanted to SELL me a cheat programme.  Now non computer gaming me, just happily captivated by the game and not really knowing anything the set up I just blocked him, and carried on. know enough not to put crap on my system and have set up things for the kids over the year's as they grew up etc..........

Now a few month's later whilst deleting messages I came across that message (thought I had deleted it) and knowing more I reported it to WGT.  Checking said person's page his average is nothing special,  and he has achieved that presumably by cheating.  Have WGT done anything? He seems active to me, but that's up to WGT.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:52 PM

A forum posting conundrum ....

I know you the rules of posting in the forum says you are not allowed to call out players you believe cheat.

I do not think Simmo890 cheats .. in fact he is an excellent player on Kiawah full 18.   That's all he plays and he is very very good.    I had a great match against him - which I lost on the 3rd extra hole.

However he thinks I cheat (read my previous post)  !!!

Is this against the rules ???    :)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 3:52 AM

lvietri:
    I do not think Simmo890 cheats

He's always there in the matchplay challenge "lounge" sitting on Kiawah 18 holes.  (keeps booting me though) must be a 1 course wonder

• giantfan5611
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:09 AM

bigdaddie1:

PaulTon:

Take your complaint to Apple instead of exposing yourself on here.

The man asked a question, did not make not a complaint. You are now part of the fish lady group!!!

Take your Apple, and put it where the sun don't shine.

I'm convinced that the members who write replies using sarcasm and personal attacks against me and others who complain about the game, are actually the very cheaters we all know exist, because they all protest just a bit too much!

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:29 AM

lvietri:

A forum posting conundrum ....

I know you the rules of posting in the forum says you are not allowed to call out players you believe cheat.

I do not think Simmo890 cheats .. in fact he is an excellent player on Kiawah full 18.   That's all he plays and he is very very good.    I had a great match against him - which I lost on the 3rd extra hole.

However he thinks I cheat (read my previous post)  !!!

Is this against the rules ???    :)

Simmo890 cheats 

Stroke Play Score Average66.50 Best 9-Hole Round33 Best 18-Hole Round62 Total Ranked Rounds Played36 Total Holes-In-One0 Total Double Eagles0 Total Eagles3 Total Birdies91 Total Pars243 Total Bogeys92 Total Double Bogeys27 Total Others12 Par 3 Score Avg.3.26 Par 4 Score Avg.4.33 Par 5 Score Avg.4.64 Skill Challenge Avg. Score327.00 

Wake UP N SMELL THE COFFEE

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:32 AM

HWei:

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why such mundane stats indicates he's a cheat? Methinks you're jumping on the bandwagon and conversing out yer keister. JMO.

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:41 AM

YankeeJim:

HWei:

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why such mundane stats indicates he's a cheat? Methinks you're jumping on the bandwagon and conversing out yer keister. JMO.

Playin 30 rank rnd ,frm what I can gather plays only match plays withn 1 YEAR since He joined

IMO 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:50 AM

HWei:
    Playin 30 rank rnd ,frm what I can gather plays only match plays withn 1 YEAR since He joined

So that makes him a cheater? Because he chooses to master one single course and stay there? His only mistake is calling Lou a cheater, much like you're doing to him.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:28 AM

YankeeJim:
    So that makes him a cheater? Because he chooses to master one single course and stay there? His only mistake is calling Lou a cheater, much like you're doing to him.

Jim hits the nail on the head.   

Lots of "one course wonders" out there who play well within the WGT rules.

Here is what really burns my butt.

You spend years (yes years - 4 for me) playing thousands and thousands of rounds (about 6,200 for me + practice) , putting 10's of thousands of times (about 85,000 for me)  and many hundreds of dollars trying to get better.     And the result is .. people call you a cheater.    And I don't even play very well to boot !!!

Oh well ... :) ...

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:30 AM

giantfan5611:
    I'm convinced that the members who write replies using sarcasm and personal attacks against me and others who complain about the game, are actually the very cheaters we all know exist, because they all protest just a bit too much!

I'm convinced .. you are ridiculous.

RSS