Forums

Help › Forums

starting a CC, but having a hard time

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:53 PM (2 replies)
  • RebekaCamaro
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:07 PM

Like the header says, starting a CC.  Sent out invites, got applications in my email, but can't seem to get them to join.  When I click on the email link, it tells me they have already been invited.  HELP!

• whitedog4
    194 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:53 PM

hi Rebeka, are those potential members already amateurs? if they are still hacks, they have to become amateurs first, before they can confirm the invitation. for "already invited" take a look at your member list. you will find names with "pending" next to them. you can cancel their invitation with the red button. afterwards you can send them a new invitation. if you can't see them in the list, scroll down - easy to miss. best of luck with your club!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:02 PM

Hi Rebeka,

When you send an invite to another player (or when you accept someone's request to join your club) an email will be sent to that player.  Included in that email will be a confirmation link that the player must click while being logged in to WGT.  Once the player clicks the link they are added to your club.

That's all there is to it. =)

The most common problems we see with CC invites are:

• The player you are inviting (or confirming) has an incorrect email listed in their account settings, so they will never receive the email.  Email address can be changed by clicking on the ACCOUNT button then clicking on the CONTACT INFO tab at the top of the page.  The player should make sure there are no typos and that they have access to the email listed.
    • The player you are inviting is unable to receive emails from WGT or the emails are being redirected to a spam/junk folder.  The player will need to make an exception in their email client to allow emails from members@worldgolftour.com
    • The player is not logged in to WGT when they click the confirmation link in the invitation email.  They should log in before they click the link.

If anyone is having problems receiving their invites point them to this thread and have them check the things I listed above.  Once they check their settings and email then clear off the pending invite for that player and send a new one.  The system is rather simple, but it does rely on folks giving accurate information and being able to receive emails from us (which is necessary anyway should a player win a prize or drawing).

Good Luck =)

RSS