Help › Forums

Stand Bag PLUS - Allows multiple club sets

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:51 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:20 PM

Now available in the pro shop with three different colours.

With the new WGT Stand Bag Plus, you not only look good on the tee box with a new golf bag in the color of your choice, but you can also save up to 4 different club sets, so you have the right combination of clubs and balls to play different courses or favorite game formats.

I searched the forums, no other thread on this?

I think its a great idea.

Our club recently completed a Starter Club tourney & was a lot of fun.

So keeping a set of starters, a set for CTTH and sets for different courses is cool!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:17 PM

They came out on the 30th of May. Check the news page.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:33 AM

courteneyfish:
    Check the news page.

You know.. i did that, but must have missed it :)

When I saw the AD for it this morning, it was all news to me :)

But no wonder i missed it, I was driving across the country then :)

Thanks CF

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 5:03 PM

[I'm always testing out sets, and trying to match clubs, wedges and their meter speeds. e.g. the Nike 97s match the Clevelands (3) . The slower Nike 85s meter matches the ATV wedges (3.5) so if you want to hit around the starter ball I'd use the latter. Also, using different combos of wedges to fit your style or the course is easy w/ the bag. I don't have to waste the time & little brain power I have to toss the clubs around each time!]

Using the stand bag plus to switch a few configuations of sets for stroke play and C.T.T.H. easily, while saving my little brainpower for the courses. :)

In #1 Blitz config. you see the NIKE 97 irons (with a meter of 3 that matches the Clevelands) plus the Callaway 33 to slow that meter down. Plus, the added short distance ATV (50yd), and the added Cleveland (115yd) just for kicks.

In #2 Stroke play you see the Daytona Putter out for a test drive. [note: just for fun,  the TaylorMade R11S 9.0 Driver (L94+) @ 284 yds, this has a meter speed of 3 so it matches the Clevelands & Nike 97s, instead of the longer R1 & BB both with a meter of 3.5]

In #3 Blitz you see the starter ball (quick meter) being used in concert w/ the slower meter NIKE 85s (3.5)*, again the ATV (50yd) added and the TM R11S 3 Wood (L41+) (230yd) which usually is not needed, but Pebble Beach, Bali Hai, Oakmont (which usually has tailwind) all have a 229yd+ holes. I like the shorter 3W at 230yds that I won't have to choke.

In #4 Blitz, again, the fast-meter starter ball, then NIKE 85s* & ATV wedges (both have a matching meter of 3.5!) The Cleveland 115yd for kicks, and TM R11S 3 Wood (L41+) at 230yds again.

Thanks WGT, challenge & variety, never a dull moment for me.

* NIKE 85 irons precision test (3.5 meter speed)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:06 PM

Yeah JF the bag is fun to have . I was gifted one a few weeks ago . I get tickled when on the tee because I`m using my driver . Yet you still see the driver is in the bag . It also shows a hybrid which I dont even own one . Then when playing why is it only visible on the tee ? That really makes playing par 5s a long haul , having to run back and forth to get a club . Now you see why I get tickled with the bag .For 600 credits you only get to see it on the tee .

If only I had known , I would never had allowed the good hearted person to gift it to me .I am thankful that they thought I was worth such an expense . :-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:25 PM

I would slap myself for just getting the cheap bag for pure aesthetics instead of shelling out a couple hundred more for a bag that actually serves a purpose...then I remind myself that I can't even afford the best clubs, let alone multiple sets.

And now I go cry in my beer.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:37 PM

Aesthetics? Which aesthetics?

This bag with its artificial plastic covers spoils the beautiful natural sights. Never on my tee!!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:47 PM

lol alosso , you don't need to switch out those Z Satins anyway.

p.s. We want a neon yellow bag! (with no aforementioned covers)

[rimshot]

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 4:11 PM

alosso:

Aesthetics? Which aesthetics?

This bag with its artificial plastic covers spoils the beautiful natural sights. Never on my tee!!

My 270 yard drives look prettier when I'm standing next to a black bag. 

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:09 PM

I admit when I first saw it in game I thought it looked odd but now its growing on me. Looks nice.

• PAGES
RSS